Timecode - F8 to MP6ii

kaipaquin

Hi y'all

I'm planning some rather complicated vehicle SFX recording sessions and realized I'm going to need to use free running timecode on 4+ units.

One of the issues I'm running into is I've never jammed an F8 via BNC to an MP6ii using HDMI mini. I'm not really sure what the workflow here is since I don't think you can get cabling that works this way.

I'm not familiar enough with the timecode features, but I think you can have the MP6 follow an exteral timecode box via the TRS line in port of the recorder, but is it possible to jam the device that way?
I don't want to go down the path of buying a lot of extra cables that I'm not sure will work or not, so any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks y'all!

"4+ units"??  

I assume a F8 timecode Master.  Use a BNC-to-TRS cable from the F8/F8n BNC-timecode-OUT port to the MP6II Aux/Mic TRS input jack.  One cable, BNC-to-TRS. 

Set the F8 timecode menu to "Int Free Run".   

It appears the MP6II would also serve as timecode Master, from the Stereo Out port.  Use the same BNC-to-TRS cable to the F8's BNC-timecode-IN port, and set the F8 timecode menu to "Ext".

You'll have to refer to the MP6II operation guide for any specific menu settings.