Timecode Dead Nuts on but not in sync

johnchay

Hello,

I've searched this website but haven't found a solution to my issue.

Sending 23.98 fps LTC timecode to a Pulse from SD633. The Pulse is connected to the AtomosX via RF signal.  As you can see in the photos, all the units are synced perfectly. 

When I sync the video and audio in post it's off by 4 frames consistently throughout. 

I was wondering if there was a solution to this where it could be perfectly in sync when matched in post. Thanks!

Timecode1.png

Timecode2.png

Timecode3.png

Just because the devices are displaying identical TC doesn't mean they are attaching that TC address to recordings at exactly the same moment in history.  There may be some latency involved, as you discovered.  I have not had this issue with a 633, so I wonder if there is some aspect of how the Atmos is laying the TC into its recordings at work here?   What does Atmos say about this?

48 minutes ago, TVPostSound said:

Am I seeing drop frame on the Ninja?? Or just blurry?

23.98, no options for drop frame on SD or Pulse. 

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Just because the devices are displaying identical TC doesn't mean they are attaching that TC address to recordings at exactly the same moment in history.  There may be some latency involved, as you discovered.  I have not had this issue with a 633, so I wonder if there is some aspect of how the Atmos is laying the TC into its recordings at work here?   What does Atmos say about this?

I reached out to Atomos. I’ll report back what they say. 

Here is the response from Atomos, 

Jonathan Fernandez (ATOMOS)

Mar 31, 2021, 4:56 GMT+10

Hey John,

Thank you for submitting this ticket,
We're sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your device.
Do you have Pre Roll enabled? if so I would recommend turning this feature off.( you can find this in your "Media" menu)
In you audio menu we have an option for Audio Delay I recommend using this to get your audio and video in sync. ( you can find this in your "Audio" menu)

Regards,

I'll try adjusting the timecode offset on the ninja V see if that works.