Lectrosonics Wireless Designer on Tablet?

jslocationsound

Was just wondering if anyone was running Lectrosonics Wireless Designer on a tablet, and if you are connecting via ethernet adapter or USB hub adapter to your receivers?  I was hoping in a perfect world to connect to three DSQD's through a tablet connected to an ethernet adapter to an ethernet switch (to interface with the DSQD's).  It's not ideal having a laptop connected to the cart all the time, but I really like having the ability to have Wireless designer going all the time.  Has anyone had success getting wireless designer installed on something smaller (Android tablet or Chromebook, something like that?)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 8:42 AM, karlw said:

I use a Surface Pro 3, and a USB to network adapter when setting it up on Ethernet. This tablet is aging now (about 5 years old, maybe more!) but still works well with the latest version of WD. 

Hi Karl

what usb to network adapter do you use?..Im wanting 2x usb to ethernet and the only one ive been reccomended  is theThe silex ds510?

I would have to import it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended up with one of these:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B085DJLDBC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Controlling the Dante through the Ethernet and have my DSQD's on wireless designer through the USB port, also recording a 12 track ISO backup to Reaper on the tablet to an external drive also on the the USB port. This one didn't need power either and seems to be working well.

3 hours ago, BAB414 said:

Can this be done with an ipad as well? And just with usb if you're only using a Venue2?

There currently is not a version of WD for iOS. But any Windows tablet will work fine, and USB is fine for the Venue 2 (although it has an Ethernet connection, too).

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 7/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, Simon B said:

Do you know if there's talk of WD coming to iPad?

Cheers,

Simon

There is talk of it! We need another programmer, though, so if you know anyone good, please send them our way.