Wind in New Mexico

LarryF

New Transmitters look great, Larry.  Cool to see a single bat Lectro that covers A1 and B1(with a high density mode as sprinkles on top) yet even doubles as a recorder with timecode.  I watched Gotham's little intro video and they eluded to longer battery life, any official stats on the usual suspects NiMH / Lithium / Alkaline run times?

8 minutes ago, codyman said:

[snip]  I watched Gotham's little intro video and they eluded to longer battery life, any official stats on the usual suspects NiMH / Lithium / Alkaline run times?

https://www.lectrosonics.com/press-releases/1282-lectrosonics-introduces-the-dbsm-single-battery-and-dbsmb-dual-battery-bodypack-transmitters.html

The times for lithium and alkaline batteries are in the users' manuals on the web site. Since these times are a little longer than for the digital hybrid versions, the NiMh will go longer in these units also. I assume (that word) they will put the NiMh info up later. Believe it or not, if you imply you can use different chemistry batteries in a transmitter, the labs are requiring that they duplicate all the tests. This amounts to 10's of thousands of dollars just to list a different battery type. Sounds like a racket to me since all internal voltages are highly regulated, independent of battery type.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

1 hour ago, VAS said:

Lemo connector will be available as option instead of TA5? 

Probably not, someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only Lectro transmitter that has a Lemo is the SSM. The SMWB line has all had TA5. The Lemo connector in the video is Lemo to TA5, with the Lemo portion going into a TC device. 

2 hours ago, codyman said:

New Transmitters look great, Larry.  Cool to see a single bat Lectro that covers A1 and B1(with a high density mode as sprinkles on top) yet even doubles as a recorder with timecode.  I watched Gotham's little intro video and they eluded to longer battery life, any official stats on the usual suspects NiMH / Lithium / Alkaline run times?

Battery run times: 

Models Lithium Alkaline NiMH
DBSM-A1B1 (1 AA):   2 mw - 8:55  2 mw -  2:15  2 mw -   5:25
10 mw - 7:25 10 mw - 2:00 10 mw -  4:55
25 mw - 9:35 25 mw - 1:25 25 mw -  4:25
50 mw - 4:45 50 mw - 1:10 50 mw -  4:20
DBSMD-A1B1 (2 AA):  2 mw -  18:20  2 mw -  7:45  2 mw -  10:55
10 mw - 16:35 10 mw - 7:10 10 mw - 10:30
25 mw - 15:10 25 mw - 6:20 25 mw -   9:20
50 mw - 12:10 50 mw - 4:30 50 mw -   7:25
8 minutes ago, Erob said:

Probably not, someone correct me if I'm wrong but the only Lectro transmitter that has a Lemo is the SSM. The SMWB line has all had TA5. The Lemo connector in the video is Lemo to TA5, with the Lemo portion going into a TC device. 

You are correct - these have TA5 input connectors (the SSM is the only one with a Lemo). There are two accessory TC jam sync adapter cables, one with a BNC and one with a Lemo 5. 

If the Zax patent is (finally)(eventually?) knocked out, are the Tx's capable of recording and transmitting simultaneously?  When I bought a set of SMDWB's several years ago, my sales rep at one of the dedicated audio dealers said they would be capable with a firmware update(if the patent or key pieces were defeated).  Although the usefulness of the SM(D)WB's may be kind of limited with no TC and the "weird" recording rez.

I know it is apples to oranges in terms of analog vs digital transmission's power ratings (mW) but I'd be curious to know, in optimal conditions (say outdoors in a field) how the 2mW range would be with a few packs utilizing it.  Maybe a good option for us sound pack mules that work documentaries with a bag strapped to our chest chasing after 4+ people that are mic'ed up but relatively close in proximity?

25 minutes ago, codyman said:

I know it is apples to oranges in terms of analog vs digital transmission's power ratings (mW) but I'd be curious to know, in optimal conditions (say outdoors in a field) how the 2mW range would be with a few packs utilizing it.  Maybe a good option for us sound pack mules that work documentaries with a bag strapped to our chest chasing after 4+ people that are mic'ed up but relatively close in proximity?

Would work well in the situation you are describing.

Lef

26 minutes ago, codyman said:

I've walked these outside at the 2mW HDM setting, with a DCR822 on whips, and went 80+ yards with it. I think the HDM mode is basically designed for the kind of scenario you described - not a lot of spectrum, and perhaps not great distances, but multiple channels in a tight slot. 

21 minutes ago, LarryF said:

The battery numbers that Karl posted have several values that don't make sense. The lithium 25 mW runs longer than the 10mW value  (?). Also, the two battery NiMh units should -always- run very slightly more than twice the time of the single battery NiMh and that isn't true for the 50 mW power levels. All this to say, take these early numbers with a grain of salt. It is a fact that the DBSM and DBSMD pull less battery power and run longer than their SM counter parts. Better numbers will be forthcoming.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

We're looking into those figures now - updates when I know more. 

1 minute ago, drpro said:

SRd to go along with the new transmitters???

I don't think there's been any tumbleweeds for that one but a 4 channel SRd would be fantastic.  Slap two of them into an SL2 attached to your favorite 8 series recorder and Voilà, lightweight bag with 8 wireless channels.

I don’t see why a new SR is needed. If Lectro could have made the 822 smaller or made it 4 channels they would have. Not a fair comparison to look at what Wisycom did with a completely analog system and expect Lectro to shoehorn their newest digital system into the same. 

I only have one slot mount receiver, never used it plugged into any kind of slot, and I don’t see the point anymore. I know there are a lot of convenient accessories out now for slot mount but to expect it to go on forever is very much the tail wagging the dog. 

16 minutes ago, Derek H said:

I only have one slot mount receiver, never used it plugged into any kind of slot, and I don’t see the point anymore. I know there are a lot of convenient accessories out now for slot mount but to expect it to go on forever is very much the tail wagging the dog. 

It's very convenient to utilize superslot's abilities of scanning / changing frequencies etc from your mixer/recorder window.

19 hours ago, Derek H said:

4:45 on a lithium for the single AA? 

Yes - at 50 mW. Longer times at lower powers, with 8:55 at the 2mW HDM mode setting. 

18 hours ago, AudioOnLoc said:

Can the frequency, gain, or arm to record on the transmitter be changed from a current or future receiver?

No

17 hours ago, Peter Mega said:

Congratulations Lectro. Nice. 

Will there be a B1/C1 version in future for us in Australia? 

Thanks

Yes, it is on our list. No timeline yet, though. Stay tuned!

16 hours ago, drpro said:

SRd to go along with the new transmitters???

Stay tuned...