AT899 to Sennheiser

Michael Render

As I recall for the SK-100 bodypack transmitter,  on most three wire lavs (audio, bias and ground/shield) both the audio and bias current wires go to the Tip. Cable shield to Ring and Sleeve. I have 2 AT-899s, but they are wired to a TA-5 (Lectro) plug. Both have stiff cables, so I never use them. They are old and later builds allegedly have softer,  more flexible cable.

1 hour ago, Rick Reineke said:

As I recall, on three wire lav, both the audio and bias current wires go to the Tip. Cable shield to Ring and Sleeve. I have 2 AT-899s, but they are wired to a TA-5 (Lectro) plug. Both have stiff cables, so I never use them,

Rick, I believe you are right. I found this diagram on the Sennheiser site. So if the center picture is correct, Mic and Bias to tip Ring and Sleeve tied to ground.

EW%20Plug%20Wiring%20Pin%20Out.png

42 minutes ago, Jim Feeley said:

No reasons to challenge Rick, but Michael maybe contact AT's US office which appears to be just down the road from you:

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/contact

Good idea but I already asked them about the pin outs and they supplied me the info for the AT899.

The marketing director at AT and I were both in each other's wedding parties. Our sons are best friends.