Problem on 833 Mic Input 1

Tinu

Hi everyone! 

Was wondering if anyone experienced a similar thing. 

I had a shoot with a newly bought 833, wired 8060 directly to mic1 with phantom on obviously (and set to 48v).

After about hour of shooting, the signal gets reeeally crunchy and distorted, i talk to the producer and switch to wireless MCR54 via AES on input 1. Everything is fine again. 

Since then, the 8060 just won't work on input 1 anymore! It sounds fine first, but after around 20min, the same thing happens. Until all i get is just a distorted mess. 

I don't have that problem on input 1 with a rode nt5, and the 8060 works fine on all other inputs. I assume this has something to do with phantom power not delivered correctly, 

and the fact that input 1 is also capable of accepting AES signals. 

Any ideas? Thanks! Been in touch with sound devices already, they offered to take a look at it very swiftly. 

test sd 833 micpre1.mp3

Bad mixers out-of-the-box are rare, but not unheard of.  When I added a 633 several years ago, one of the channels on the main output bus(either L or R, can’t remember) was extremely low.  Trouble shot every which way I could think of, including firmware and nothing worked.  Only option left was to send it in to SD, but as it was brand new straight out of the box, I raised hell with my dealer that I was not going to wait and play the warranty game and they made SD send me a brand new one.