Issues with HI-Q single battery charger.

LexyJay

Hi,
So I have just bought some HI-Q batteries and a single bay charger ( replacing NP1’s) I just opened them today and the charger does not seem to be charging the batteries. The light stays a solid red, with or without a battery in the slot. Has anyone else experience any issues like this?

It sounds as if the voltage of the battery packs have dropped below the discharge protection voltage. This can happen with packs of being left in stock unsold for a longer time. 

That might have left the charger unable to begin the process and get the voltage up again. 
check the battery for a manufacturing date and measure the voltage of it with a multimeter. 
If it have dropped too low I would not keep them and continue using them but send them back for replacement instead. 

I use a HI-Q single charger. If yours is like mine, the light should quickly cycle red-yellow-green-off and remain off with no battery attached. If the red light stays on, my guess is there is a problem with your charger. The only way to know for sure is to try a combination of different chargers and batteries. Do you know anyone locally? Any local shops?

Charger.jpg

On 4/16/2021 at 9:45 AM, Michael Render said:

I use a HI-Q single charger. If yours is like mine, the light should quickly cycle red-yellow-green-off and remain off with no battery attached. If the red light stays on, my guess is there is a problem with your charger. The only way to know for sure is to try a combination of different chargers and batteries. Do you know anyone locally? Any local shops?

Charger.jpg

FYI – this charger is OEMed by RRC, When the HiQ batteries first came out, the chargers they shipped were OEMed by Inspired Energy, so there are a couple different HiQ chargers out there