How apple is doing sound for their apple events?

Tong0615

Hi, I was watching the apple events today, and was wondering, how they are doing audio for their release events. Some of the clothes they have, such as labor suite, can not be so silence and rustle free, especially when all the mics are not to be seen. And the voice is so clean, sounds like recorded in a  dub-studio. Just interested, if they are recording the audio from location, or dubbing everything in studio afterwards. Thanks. 

From what I know having talked to some of the sound mixers who have worked on these things for Apple, they are very well planned, they hire talented and experienced crews (who have to be totally secretive about the work) --  I am sure they employ every technique available (including painting out booms, shooting against virtual background (like Mandalorian) and of course ADR is necessary. I'm fairly sure there is limited ADR but we would never know for sure without talking to production and post people (and they generally will not talk about stuff, Apple strict policy).

My experience with having done many of them over the years, without violating my NDA, is that we boomed 95% of them. As Jeff stated, they hire great crews who generally respect the filmmaking process. And to an unusual extent for a “commercial “, we have plenty of dialogue and cooperation with post production BEFORE shooting begins.

Moe