Zaxcom RX12 mixing MRX 414 and 212 Modules Problem

Oscar

Hi there,

i've been having problems with integrating a new 414 module into the RX12. Basically, as soon as the 414 is in the RX12, I get weird drop outs on the other 3 x 212 Receivers. That's probably due to power interruptions of the modules or other software related issues.

I got in touch with Howie from Zaxcom through Ambient here in germany and I have tried it out to get into the debug mode, following Howy's advise, which unfortunately didn't solve the problem, yet. Also updating everything to the latest firmware (2.10 on the RX12) and 1.98M on the 414 and 4.13P on the 212's didn't change anything. I tried swapping the slots around. Did a whole reset of the RX12 to the factory defaults. Don't know what else to try...

Maybe anyone of you has tried to mix the receiver-module generations and has experienced anything similar?

I have made the observation, that there is one phantom receiver, popping up on the flip-side - "blue page" -  menu of the RX12, which is accessed by the star-button. Because the 414 can output 4 mono-channels it should probably have one other receiver popping up on the bluepage. But 2 slots/4ch is too much since it already has 1 slot/2ch on the normal/non-blue page... eventually there's even a third one popping up for a second.

Thanks for reading and maybe somebody out there has had similar problems and found a solution already?

Oscar

seems like nobody tried it out yet? the wiring of the cable to get the four channels out (preferably AES) is another topic… Right now I just want to get two channels out of my RX12 from the 414 module.

As I said. Just 3 x 212 modules works just fine without any problems…

7DCB949D-A3D9-4973-A105-F431C515C3C0.jpeg

Thanks for the input. howy from zaxcom advised to use the latest firmware. I only did one update of the 414 module to 1.98M (that was 1.97 before) 

I have the 1.32 (no p) from the Oldversions folder from the zaxcom site. Will try it out this weekend…

here is a link to the video where the problem is visible, by the way: https://we.tl/t-SfvE7LOiPI