SOUNDBOKS v3 Bluetooth Speaker

Michael P Clark

If your looking for a speaker, I’d like throw this speaker into the conversation. I’ve been using this as a playback speaker for mood music for actors and spot SFX and VOG setups. It’s a fantastic speaker. Pricey, but well worth the investment and has paid for itself with rentals. 

The sound quality is superb. 

The volume goes to 11 (125 dB). Volume knob is firm and purposeful. This has been a great effect when pulling emotions out of actors during non-dialog scenes. Actors can feel the music with the bass response and volume, and the effect is powerful. They ask for it now. 

You can pair up to 5 speakers off each other. I have only one, but can see how this can be a great help if needing to surround a large space. But can’t speak to the range. 

Battery powered with removable LiFePO4 99.84Wh capacity. Up to 5 hours at full volume and 40 hours at half volume. Charges in 3.5hours and can charge while powered on. 

The V3 has two XLR inputs that can be mixed with an app. I have a 442 in front to have easier control over the various inputs(2x VOG, Bluetooth, hardline, etc)

Bluetooth 5.0…. Although the range isn’t as good as I would’ve thought. I actually use an Alto Bluetooth adapter and run an XLR to directors when needed. 

The form factor is a big plus, as it’s square and not rounded with ports sticking out. Makes storing on a shelf, safe and convenient, and well as mounting on a hand truck. The connected and dials are all recessed into the unit. And the aesthetic is like a concert speaker. 

But BEST of all!!! When cranked full volume to 11, it’s SILENT!! No hiss! Which for us is worth every penny! 

Day zero of shooting we did some camera tests and the directors had a small Bluetooth speaker we are all use to seeing in homes and travel. Immediately the request was we needed to have a louder speaker on the day. So I bought the loudest Bluetooth speaker available and does not disappoint! 

I did a full volume test outside of our stage, which so happens to be next to an outdoor amphitheater and everyone inside thought a sound check was happening, despite the C19 environment we are in. Made people come from all directions to see where it was coming from.

https://www.soundboks.com/products/soundboks-gen-3/

https://www.amazon.com/Alto-Box-Bluetooth-Total/dp/B01NBWON6F