DCHT/DCHR AES

MGRK

I have recently purchased the DCHT/DCHR as a camera hop (digital TX and RX also new to me) Is it possible to get line level analogue out of the DCHR, when running AES into the DCHT ? Is it best to run these units on the most recent firmware ?

AES and analog are switchable on both the receiver and transmitter.  There is nothing that I saw in either manual that states that the inputs and output signals have to match.  Which to me reads as you can run an AES signal into the Tx and analog out of the Rx, analog into the Tx and AES out of the Rx, AES into the Tx and out of the Rx or analog into the Tx and out of the Rx.  Basically you can run analog or digital IN and analog or digital OUT, independently of each other.

MGRK, yes - as RunAndGun explains, you can independently set the input and output type in each unit. The transmission itself is digital, but you can decide what source or load types you want the system to do. 

In terms of firmware, it is always advisable to update to the latest version, so that documentation matches, features match, etc. between units. 

You can always check your firmware versions here: https://lectrosonics.com/firmware/category/157-digital-camera-hop-series-firmware.html

Thanks all for your comments.  I'm finding that with AES into the DCHT, I'm not quite getting analogue line level +4dBu out from the DCHR but I'll check that again (therefore having to increase the analogue input gain on the camera)

I agree the manual doesn't refer to it.