Video assist / RT transcription or dailies creation

Bouke

I know, wrong group, but nevertheless...
I'm currently working on a video recorder for a MoCap studio, but perhaps it could  be handy for you guys as well.
At the moment it can:

• Record video from up to 8 Blackmagick devices (A cheap BM Mini Recorder is good enough for rock 'n roll.)
  • Take sound from another device and marry it to the video on the fly. (So no need for SDI audio embedders.)
  • Take LTC from another device or UDP for accurate TC.
  • Apply some effects (currently flip / rotate as I work for MoCap, but I could add LUT's or alike.)
  • Record in 'any' codec (It's FFmpeg based), including HEVC. H264 / ProRes / HEVC have build in presets, but you can make your own easilly.
  • Display incoming video not only local, but on any computer on the network (Over UDP, sorta kinda NDI style)
  • Easy custom or auto set file names
  • Instant playback of recorded clips

It's Mac only at the moment.

A simple half decent Mac Mini or Macbook Pro can do two HD streams without an issue.

(Probably more, but how to connect more than two BM devices? They don't have a daisy chain option...)

For logging by scriptboys / girls, have a look at my LiveLog app.

Link to LiveLog

If needed, I'll integrate it. (Giving you XMP / ALE / Database metadata.)

If you are interested, tell me what you want and I'll try to implement it if it's not already there.
If you want to toy with it, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 1:19 PM, Bouke said:

I know, wrong group, but nevertheless...
I'm currently working on a video recorder for a MoCap studio, but perhaps it could  be handy for you guys as well.
At the moment it can:

• Record video from up to 8 Blackmagick devices (A cheap BM Mini Recorder is good enough for rock 'n roll.)
  • Take sound from another device and marry it to the video on the fly. (So no need for SDI audio embedders.)
  • Take LTC from another device or UDP for accurate TC.
  • Apply some effects (currently flip / rotate as I work for MoCap, but I could add LUT's or alike.)
  • Record in 'any' codec (It's FFmpeg based), including HEVC. H264 / ProRes / HEVC have build in presets, but you can make your own easilly.
  • Display incoming video not only local, but on any computer on the network (Over UDP, sorta kinda NDI style)
  • Easy custom or auto set file names
  • Instant playback of recorded clips

It's Mac only at the moment.

A simple half decent Mac Mini or Macbook Pro can do two HD streams without an issue.

(Probably more, but how to connect more than two BM devices? They don't have a daisy chain option...)

For logging by scriptboys / girls, have a look at my LiveLog app.

Link to LiveLog

If needed, I'll integrate it. (Giving you XMP / ALE / Database metadata.)

If you are interested, tell me what you want and I'll try to implement it if it's not already there.
If you want to toy with it, let me know.

Thanks for posting Bouke. Is this the link for the recorder?: https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/recorder/

• 2 weeks later...

This is amazing! I capture SD multicam from time to time and have been using Media Express with Intensity Shuttles on 3 laptops. Keeping filenames and metadata the same across the 3 is such a nightmare.

The director I work for just bought a sumo to free me up off the desk and is annoyed that we’re just hearing about this now!

How long until you see a paid version with no watermark for Mac? I’d pay for an early access as a backup in case the sumo craps it mid shoot.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2021 at 4:03 AM, Riley McCullagh said:

This is amazing! I capture SD multicam from time to time and have been using Media Express with Intensity Shuttles on 3 laptops. Keeping filenames and metadata the same across the 3 is such a nightmare.

The director I work for just bought a sumo to free me up off the desk and is annoyed that we’re just hearing about this now!

How long until you see a paid version with no watermark for Mac? I’d pay for an early access as a backup in case the sumo craps it mid shoot.

Why did you not PM me, I've missed this one!

This is exactly why I made it. Capture multicam on a single system. (I must admit, I have no clue what it does on SD, thought that was phased out... I can definitely make it work, this thing started it's life for SD work on video assist for a major feature...)

Paid version is available as soon as I have set a price (that's always difficult...)
AND I have enough feedback that it does indeed work as advertised!

PM me if you like, or mail me direct. bouke@videotoolshed.com

I can have you up and running in no time!