SD 633 in Mix Assist and Lectro DCHR/DCHT

jwill

I was on a gig and 3 talking heads became 4. Its a 3 camera shoot and Ive only an SRC blk 940 and 2 smqvs and a UCR 411 blk 19 and smqv. I was looking at a hard wired ECM 77 couldn't get wire to not show on super wide lockdown shot. So I remembered I have my hop DCHT/DCHR....I will just turn it around and use one mic into the splitter cable and VOILA.... I have 4 wireless. I was using the Dugan auto mix feature, had all 4 selected and as soon as the dcht/dchr combo was closed it wouldn't open again!! Quick moment of panic, battery check, turn off and back on and its working, I ended up taking this DCHT/DCHR out of auto mix and all was fine. I am guessing that being there were two paths to chose from

, auto mix couldn't figure which to re open?

4 hours ago, jwill said:

I was on a gig and 3 talking heads became 4. Its a 3 camera shoot and Ive only an SRC blk 940 and 2 smqvs and a UCR 411 blk 19 and smqv. I was looking at a hard wired ECM 77 couldn't get wire to not show on super wide lockdown shot. So I remembered I have my hop DCHT/DCHR....I will just turn it around and use one mic into the splitter cable and VOILA.... I have 4 wireless. I was using the Dugan auto mix feature, had all 4 selected and as soon as the dcht/dchr combo was closed it wouldn't open again!! Quick moment of panic, battery check, turn off and back on and its working, I ended up taking this DCHT/DCHR out of auto mix and all was fine. I am guessing that being there were two paths to chose from

, auto mix couldn't figure which to re open?

Could it be due to latency difference with digital hybrid.?

Correction

off day .......so I sorted the gear, I was not in stereo mode on the DCHR and gain structure wasn't optimal! Went into ch 2 with Mic/PH on 633,  not my normal line level and gain on tx was at 17, 30 for the smqvs!