Cloud flare alert on JWS??

Hey Jeff - this morning, I got a white page saying something about cloud flare is checking to make sure the site is safe or similar, then the page went blank.

Everything looks normal again this afternoon.

Just wondering if it’s something that was supposed to happen because of new features you may have installed? Or should I worry that something bad may have infiltrated the site?

4 minutes ago, Rick Reineke said:

I got some bizarre messages as well, "checking  your browser" and then the "I am not a robot"  pCaptra dialog which reappeared four or five times with the same gallery of photos to choose from.  ???
 The webpage opened normally just now though.  

Yeah, I was worried that maybe some robot type thing installed itself and is doing something in the background while everything looks normal… hopefully I’m just paranoid for no reason hahaha.

Everything is back to normal. CloudFare is a service that my host server company installed to monitor activity on the site. It is primarily designed to warn if a Denial of Service attack is in progress  (fraudulent, automated hits on the site done by bad cyber actors). In my case, there was no Denial of Service attack but merely a lot of activity on the site  ---  the parameters that CloudFlare looks for were set far too low for my site. A few othervthings happened simultaneously as I was updated to a current version of PHP and a few other things, but it is all sorted out now.

9 hours ago, Jim Feeley said:

I also just got it as I tried to access the site. After a few seconds, everything loaded normally.

This is just a data point, not a complaint, btw.

Thank you for the heads up. --  I would never consider any of these reports as complaints. We're still working on the problem which should be solved very soon (though it is not a serious problem and it does not represent any hacking or security risks). Thank you, Jim, as always, for all your help in the past (with this site, with the r.a.m.ps./jwsound party, etc.). You are one of a handful of hero users of JWSOUND and I always appreciate your participation.

I would like to point out that I did not at all mean my post as a complaint either - just reporting what i saw as a possible problem, like someone hacking the site or similar.

Anyway, everything seems to be back to normal today. Thank You , Jeff for everything you do with the site. Very much appreciated.

For me it’s not back to normal: for the past few days I had the Cloud flare browser check, too, and got transferred to the main page after a few seconds. Just now, 4 minutes or so ago, the browser check seemed to be stuck in a loop, where it kept reloading the page and it kept checking my browser. 
Just fyi I‘m using Firefox on an iPhone. Don’t know if that has anything to do with it, but who knows? 
so after about a minute of repeated browser checks I finaly got moved on to the main page

Yes, same problem from Spain. I have tried several providers just in case it was provider dependent.

It seems to affect especially Apple's Safari, I have just reached the forum using Firefox while Safari was stuck.

@Jeff Wexlerif you need help let me know. I would guess you tightened the denial of service protection settings too much, which, by the way, are mostly unrelated to "hacking".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using Android phone (Chrome, Opera) or Windows 10 based PC (Chrome, Firefox, Edge), I get stuck in the cloudflare loop and can’t access the site at all. IPad works almost always (Safari). Clearing cache or cookies, or using private browsing doesn’t seem to be helping.

EU/Finland