Extract mono channel from stereo wav file with timecode

Sound

Does anyone know a fast way to batch extract a mono channel from a stereo wav file on macos while keeping the timecode?

I just want to extract the left channel to a separate wav file with timecode.

I tried ffworks and apple compressor. Both exported files have lost their timecode.

The reason for this:

I just tried the new Deity BP-Trx recorder. Unfortunately it records in stereo, even when you set the input to mono.

When I sync in Tentacle sync studio after that, there are a lot of redundant audio tracks and i can even run out of track when converting to broadcast standard xdcamhd (which has only eight tracks in total).

Thanks! Unfortunately I cant install on macOS catalina. Seems to be a know issue by SD..

Known Issue 

• Some macOS Catalina users have reported issues when installing Wave Agent. If Wave Agent is crucial to your workflow, Sound Devices recommends maintaining a previous version of macOS.

Screenshot 2021-06-25 at 21.50.03.png

13 hours ago, Sound said:

When I sync in Tentacle sync studio after that, there are a lot of redundant audio tracks

my LTC convert lets you patch and output:

https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/ltc-convert-auxtc/

It does not yet do XDcam, but I could add that.

6 hours ago, Constantin said:

Try this, as suggested in the other thread: 

https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/audio-map/

Well, I'm currently busy making a new version of BWF merge (that will replace the old, since that seems unreliable on some systems, and is just 32 bits).
So far it can:

split Poly to Mono (thus extract one channel from stereo is possible).
merge Mono to Poly (where start does not have to be the same, so you can have multiple recorders that are jammed but don't have the same start time)

Offset tracks with latency (Thus, if you have wired and radio mixed, you can get them in perfect sync again.)

Work on files > 4 gig (RF64 capable, unlike Wave Agent)

Still contemplating what more features I should add, but the above works already.
Let me know if you want to toy with it.

2 minutes ago, Bouke said:

my LTC convert lets you patch and output:

https://www.videotoolshed.com/product/ltc-convert-auxtc/

It does not yet do XDcam, but I could add that.

Well, I'm currently busy making a new version of BWF merge (that will replace the old, since that seems unreliable on some systems, and is just 32 bits).
So far it can:

split Poly to Mono (thus extract one channel from stereo is possible).
merge Mono to Poly (where start does not have to be the same, so you can have multiple recorders that are jammed but don't have the same start time)

Offset tracks with latency (Thus, if you have wired and radio mixed, you can get them in perfect sync again.)

Work on files > 4 gig (RF64 capable, unlike Wave Agent)

Still contemplating what more features I should add, but the above works already.
Let me know if you want to toy with it.

Thanks bouke, ltc convert is a great app to. But what I am missing is the sync map of tentacle sync so I can immediately see visually if everything worked out and all the files are there before exporting the synced media.

21 minutes ago, Sound said:

But what I am missing is the sync map of tentacle sync so I can immediately see visually if everything worked

Just ask, and I'll alter it to have something like that!
Currently, the lists do give you feedback though.  It's not hard to make an overview of what is happening / missing / strange.
I don't know how Tentacle software works, so I'm not sure what you would like to see.

1 minute ago, Bouke said:

Just ask, and I'll alter it to have something like that!
Currently, the lists do give you feedback though.  It's not hard to make an overview of what is happening / missing / strange.
I don't know how Tentacle software works, so I'm not sure what you would like to see.

This is the sync map. Just like a synced timeline in any editing application.

tentacle_sync_studio_software_batch_syncing_simplicity.png

Hmm.
This is 'Auto Sequence' style. Nice eye candy, but I fail to see how this helps you. (And this looks like a demo image, not 'real world' production.)
On a 10 hour shooting day, you don't have an easy / fast overview on what can / could be wrong.
(And it's hard to know what 'is' wrong. Cam 2 could be missing sound on a clip, where that was perfectly OK since the sound guy took a leak and the DP decided to shoot a funny puking cat as wild take.)
Then, in my experience as editor, start / stop times of sound / video are NEVER close. (Extreme example, I've worked with a sound guy who hit REC in the morning, and STOP when he was back in the van, while the cam had close to 100 shots.)

I totally understand your wish to have 'some' feedback, but this is not 'it' IMHO. (Mind you, I've been an editor for over 30 years.)

So, let's make a list with stuff to check and raise hell if a condition is not met: (And yes, I know Tentacle is reading this as well and steal the ideas (again).)

1. (video) clips > X minutes MUST have matching sound. (It's probably an interview / presentation)
  2. Sound MUST cover at least X percent of video, if present (Or you get double warnings)
  3. ????

Thinking of it, the old version of LTC_convert had an option 'move no match BWF to subfolder', so the editor had a pool of 'wild / ambient' tracks. Perhaps I should bring that back.

I am using the sync map all the time and its very easy to check.

It can automatically cut out gaps between video clips for a better overwiew.

I tried LTC convert and tentacle sync studio, but the sync map at least for me was the feature to decide for tentacle sync.

I guess I will stay there as I already have a licence, but maybe the feedback helps.