Passive antenna distribution with bias

matthiasp

I am trying to optimize my RF system. Currently I use two Betso Sharkies into a PSC Multi SMA 8-way splitter. The Sharkies as well as the active splitter introduce amplifiers (and thus, noise) into the signal chain. I think it would be better to use only one amplifier as early in the chain as possible, so basically the Sharkies, followed by a passive splitter. Does a passive splitter with antenna bias even exist or would I have to trade the second amplifier for more cable connections (which is cumbersome, another possible error source and way larger than the PSC)?

There are passive splitters that pass DC on one leg, i.e. there is DC coming from one receiver, say, and no DC coming from or going to the 2nd receiver. But the DC from the first receiver gets to the antenna. 

Audio Technica and Shure offers one that appears to be exactly the same, made by RF Venue. 

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/2x1split

Thanks for the suggestions. I will for now stick with the Multi SMA as this is the tidiest solution and I don’t want to clutter lots of separate splits on the bottom of the recorder bag. My favorite solution would be the PSC Multi SMA with the option to bypass the amplifier, but that doesn’t exist at the moment.

I will look into antennas with bypass mode though like the Lectro ALP 690