I Am About To Get My Coronavirus Delta Variant Booster Shot, Thoughts?

Well, I'm guessing I was the first mixer on the planet to be Coronavirus vaccinated , and subsequently, I will probably be the first mixer on the planet to get their Pfizer Delta Variant booster shot. Who among you that was vaccinated would look to eventually get the Delta Variant booster shot? Why or  why not? Thank you, Martin

Not on my to do list. From a few days ago... Key line:

Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2021/07/08/joint-cdc-and-fda-statement-vaccine-boosters.html

Joint CDC and FDA Statement on Vaccine Boosters

The United States is fortunate to have highly effective vaccines that are widely available for those aged 12 and up. People who are fully vaccinated are protected from severe disease and death, including from the variants currently circulating in the country such as Delta. People who are not vaccinated remain at risk. Virtually all COVID-19 hospitalizations and deaths are among those who are unvaccinated. We encourage Americans who have not yet been vaccinated to get vaccinated as soon as possible to protect themselves and their community.

Americans who have been fully vaccinated do not need a booster shot at this time. FDA, CDC, and NIH are engaged in a science-based, rigorous process to consider whether or when a booster might be necessary. This process takes into account laboratory data, clinical trial data, and cohort data – which can include data from specific pharmaceutical companies, but does not rely on those data exclusively. We continue to review any new data as it becomes available and will keep the public informed. We are prepared for booster doses if and when the science demonstrates that they are needed.

###

5 minutes ago, Rich Reilly said:

Probably wise to slow the roll until VAERS backlog is tightened..

Rich, Thanks for that. Unfortunately, since I'm testing the Delta booster, if me and a few select other guinea pigs don't try it, there won't be anything to VAERS. I'm now about 10 1/2 months past my first shot, so I'm guessing when I go in this week, they will antibody test me and then shoot me up. Will be interesting.  

Thank you, Martin

7 hours ago, Rich Reilly said:

Ok. VAERS is a voluntary reporting system, submissions under scrutiny of law. See incentives.

Just saying initial rollout should be fully tabulated, examined before next phase commences.

Also, see variant vs strain.

Rich, I see where your thinking there. Well, your not wrong, but I think these are not very standard times. I get my booster in 48 hours. I will update as soon as I know what happens or doesn't happen, but they have to try something, and it takes so long to go from Guinea pigs like me, to all of the rest of you. So, my thinking, they have to start testing that booster now, can't wait. I will know more in 2 days and then I can update. I have to sign about 30 pages of lawyer talk beforehand. It won't be boring, so there is that. 

Thanks for your input, Martin

10 hours ago, tourtelot said:

Thanks for being a Guinea Pig.

D.,

D., Your welcome,  I'm gonna be by myself, again, for this shot, tempting to sleep in my vehicle in the hospital parking lot, so when I get up I'm already there. 

Thanks, Martin

8 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

Please report.  I guess the Pfizer booster will only work for people who had the Pfizer vax, or can anyone vaxed somehow play?

Philip, That is a great question. If I can remember to ask, I will. But if we were betting, I'm gonna guess Pfizer only. I don't know how long from the time they shoot me up until the time it is available in regular  vaccine places. Again,  guessing,  I would say 4 or 5 months from now. Unless it kills a bunch of us testers, and they have to start over designing it. 

Thank you, Martin

On 7/12/2021 at 11:47 PM, MartinTheMixer said:

Rich, Thanks for that. Unfortunately, since I'm testing the Delta booster, if me and a few select other guinea pigs don't try it, there won't be anything to VAERS. I'm now about 10 1/2 months past my first shot, so I'm guessing when I go in this week, they will antibody test me and then shoot me up. Will be interesting.  

Thank you, Martin

Had to be tested a few weeks ago for a shoot and the Dr. I use when I’m responsible for getting tested on my own(i.e: bill it back to the production) wanted to give me an antibody test as a courtesy(I had gotten my second shot almost exactly a month prior).  She said it’s similar to a rapid CV test, in that it only takes about 10 mins or so(but you’re using blood from a finger stick, instead of a nasal swab).  After only about a minute she looked at me and said, “Oh yeah, you’re good”, which made me feel good.  Now the million dollar question...  How long are we really going to be producing effective antibodies?  And how much is it going to vary by individual?

21 hours ago, RunAndGun said:

Had to be tested a few weeks ago for a shoot and the Dr. I use when I’m responsible for getting tested on my own(i.e: bill it back to the production) wanted to give me an antibody test as a courtesy(I had gotten my second shot almost exactly a month prior).  She said it’s similar to a rapid CV test, in that it only takes about 10 mins or so(but you’re using blood from a finger stick, instead of a nasal swab).  After only about a minute she looked at me and said, “Oh yeah, you’re good”, which made me feel good.  Now the million dollar question...  How long are we really going to be producing effective antibodies?  And how much is it going to vary by individual?

Run, I was going to be able to let you know how long it lasted, I'm still scheduled for my antibody test next month, but since I get my Delta variant booster in the morning, I'm sure antibody data will get modified.  I hope, I guess. 

Thanks, Martin

On 7/13/2021 at 12:15 PM, Philip Perkins said:

Please report.  I guess the Pfizer booster will only work for people who had the Pfizer vax, or can anyone vaxed somehow play?

I read Moderna + Pfizer works in place of Pfizer + Pfizer.

Thanks to the hoards of dumb asses that think science is a liberal hoax, we will likely all need boosters for the rest of our lives.

I’d get that Delta booster in a heartbeat.

Covid and its variants are still out there! I was recently on a studio shoot,  17 crew all PCR tested,

one crew didn't get results from PCR so production let him do regular rapid, which was negative....guess what....his PCR results came back

after the wrap......POSITIVE( and he Puffed a vape cig during production) 

10 fully vaxxed, 7 not they..... all got the covid!