DCHT/DCHR sweet spots?

jwill

I have had this full spectrum combo for a little over 8 months now, each time I use as a hop it seems to "dial in" differently.

Cant seem to find the sweet spot, I deliver signal to DCHT line level +23 linked... DCHR gain+5, ( borrowed FS7) pots @ 9 to make -20 in camera meters.

I have done DCHT +29 line level, DCHR gain +0, FS7 pots @ 8 to make -20.

Any words of wisdom from the community?

Hi Jwill.  Sounds like an impedance issue with camera.  Just curious, are you using line level cables from your mixer to the DCHT? Also, what is your ref tone out?

I use +5 out from my lectro receivers all the time @+8 db out from my 664/633. Depending on camera I sometimes have to dumb my tone level to 0 db, but most of the time I run it as described. Line level to my smqv series links is usually around 10 or 11 (no pun) where the -10 light just starts to blink. Seems to deliver a good, fat signal to noise ratio for me . Have you checked the cameras menus to maker sure that the internal limiters are off?

Line out on DCHR. Analogue at +5db is -10db out at odb ie -20 on DCHT isnt 0db but -10db in level..so you need 10db more gain to reach 0db on fs7 hence level pots at full to just reach -20db..not ideal..before i have set DCHR out to -6 and on fs7 set mic sensitivity menu to -40db and use mic level (not. Mic 48v) pots on fs7 at about 40%.