Scorpio run AES

Eric Lau

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 6:03 PM, Constantin said:

Yes, you select AES just lime you would select any input. If you have the SL-2 or XL-AES add-ons you get more AES inputs if needed

I'm thinking to run digital on AES or Dante,  what do you think for Lectrosonics wireless?  

On 10/4/2021 at 7:01 PM, Eric Lau said:

I'm thinking to run digital on AES or Dante,  what do you think for Lectrosonics wireless?  

Which line? Recently I had an exceptional experience with Venue2 Receiver (and VR Field - the old one) - SMQV Transmitter - ALP650LE Antenna. I have not experience with Digital, yet. Range was impressive with Digital Hydrid.

It depends in

On 10/4/2021 at 6:01 PM, Eric Lau said:

It depends on which receiver you‘ll want to buy, of course. If you have lots of AES devices, you may want to add a Dante device before you run out of inputs. AES may be simpler, because you don’t need a computer to set it up initially. In terms of sound quality I don’t think there will be any difference. Dante has the advantage of needing only one cable, so there’s that…

On 10/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, VASI said:

Which line? Recently I had an exceptional experience with Venue2 Receiver (and VR Field - the old one) - SMQV Transmitter - ALP650LE Antenna. I have not experience with Digital, yet. Range was impressive with Digital Hydrid.

I don’t know any change of the distance of range, but I can tell the digital (aes and Dante) will has better sound than analog (wireless)

On 10/7/2021 at 4:04 AM, Constantin said:

It depends in

It depends on which receiver you‘ll want to buy, of course. If you have lots of AES devices, you may want to add a Dante device before you run out of inputs. AES may be simpler, because you don’t need a computer to set it up initially. In terms of sound quality I don’t think there will be any difference. Dante has the advantage of needing only one cable, so there’s that…

Great explanation, then I will go aes, I don’t want to bring the computer onset, try to limit the equipment, you know. Only two person in sound department onset in Hong Kong, sound recordist and boom operator. Producer won’t pay extra.🥲🥲

On 10/10/2021 at 3:19 AM, Eric Lau said:

I don’t know any change of the distance of range, but I can tell the digital (aes and Dante) will has better sound than analog (wireless)

Great explanation, then I will go aes, I don’t want to bring the computer onset, try to limit the equipment, you know. Only two person in sound department onset in Hong Kong, sound recordist and boom operator. Producer won’t pay extra.🥲🥲

No need for the computer on set. You only need to make your Dante connections with a computer once. When you‘ve done that, you can leave your computer at home. After a firmware update you may have to repeat.