Lectro DCR822 & Digital Hybrid Transmitters

RunAndGun

So, I decided a few days ago to start "migrating"/adding the fully digital systems in with my existing digital hybrid systems(8x Rx's & 20 Tx's), starting with an 822, because it works with pretty much any Tx Lectro has made in the last 15+ years.  My reasoning being that I get the receiver and use it with a set of existing hybrid Tx's(sliding out one of the SRb's) and I can work the fully digital Tx's in until I have a full set of fully digital wireless(receiver, two belt packs and two plug-on's, in my case) and then sell-off the digital hybrid set to help off-set the cost of the new gear.

So, my question is, are there any of y'all out there that have bought an 822 and using it with just digital hybrid Tx's (at least just) initially or mixing hybrid and fully digital Tx's with it and seeing better results than with SRb/SRc Rx's or even 411A's?  I watched the YouTube video from Michael Wynne, and he seems to really like the 822.  But there doesn't seem to be a lot of real world info out there on it, yet, besides from Lectro and some of the dealers.  I'm not looking for reassurance on my purchase, just trying to see what kind of results folks are getting in the real world.

I've upgraded to the 822 and 2 DBU beltpack sets.  I decided to fully commit and could not be happier.  I've had many environments in the last few years trying to get a clean signal due to RF, and those same venues with the digital units are not a problem at all.  The quick scan and set with the IR setup has really cut down on my setup time and the sound quality is way beyond my expectations.  In fact so good, I might finally go wireless on my booms.

Sorry I don't have any experience mixing the hybrid with this system, but the method you are going with swapping out to digital as you can should work good if the hybrid units maintain some value. Again I don't know how steep they will loose value with COVID and the lack of chips making the 822 units still rather hard to find so I think you have time in the near future.

I’m on a show that’s using 822’s w/ digital hybrid TXs. I’ve also used them with DBUs. Sounds great and seem to be more robust than my SRCs when in a heavy RF environments. I feel like my SRCs take RF hits way too much. The 822s also sound more pleasant if they do drop. 

They’re super easy to program groups in and it’s a great way to upgrade without having to do a big overhaul. 

Thanks y'all.  That's kind of what I was thinking and banking on, kfairlee.  I'm going to make it my 'A' set and pair it with my SMQV beltpacks and UH 400A plug-ons.  I figure if we're really in the RF weeds, the SMQV's(22) running at 250mW and the 822 will be pretty rock solid or at least give us a really good fighting chance.  But would also be easy enough to use with my A1 SMDWB's if the block is too crowded.

Yeah, seems like an "easy" way to upgrade, since you can easily mix 'n match with existing gear and not have to plunk down $10K(in my case since I get two belt packs and two plug-ons) all at once to get a fully operational set.  As long as DBSMD & DPR transmitters are available, I'm hoping to have a fully digital system in place by the end of the year.  Or at the least, have a set of DBSMD's added.