Rycote Nano Shield AA w/ Schoeps CMC 141 resonance

swordinhand

On 10/20/2022 at 7:45 PM, WholyMowly said:

Does this new shield come with all new nano shield kits now? I am afraid to order the old problematic system...

Ask your deal.
Rycote/Videndum did produce some videos on how to upgrade the products and the carton, presumably for dealers.
If you still get a unit that is not yet updated, it is likely, that Rycote will help you out (as long as they have upgrade sets).

• 1 month later...

I guess I can chime in since I have used it a few days now.

That said, I've used it a few days now because it's actually usable - before the upgrade it was terrible.

The smallest movement could be heard in the mix, so I went back to using my (heavy af) Cyclone medium, which has less of a resonance and you don't hear hand movements as much.

The Nano Shield is definitely better after the uupgrade, but still could use iimprovement

I'm actually curious if Rycote is going to improve it further?

Also tried it with the Hide-a-mic Re:pose, but that thing is more useless than the original Nano Shield (I used the white one after weighing the Nano).

21 hours ago, Spin360 said:

I guess I can chime in since I have used it a few days now.

That said, I've used it a few days now because it's actually usable - before the upgrade it was terrible.

The smallest movement could be heard in the mix, so I went back to using my (heavy af) Cyclone medium, which has less of a resonance and you don't hear hand movements as much.

The Nano Shield is definitely better after the uupgrade, but still could use iimprovement

I'm actually curious if Rycote is going to improve it further?

Also tried it with the Hide-a-mic Re:pose, but that thing is more useless than the original Nano Shield (I used the white one after weighing the Nano).

Hi I had same issue with re:pose worse noise than before.. turns out there is a specific way to mount the re:pose and xlr holder, I have had great success since changing re:pose position. Pic attached to indicate.. The re:pose has to be at bottom with xlr holder at boom Pole end and the screw thread washer at the boom mount thread end not reopse thread end. I would use a yellow with a windshield myself I use the white for interior rig, yellow for medium basket rig and a red on my stereo basket rig. 

IMG_20221213_171347.jpg

On 12/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, r.paterson said:

Hi I had same issue with re:pose worse noise than before.. turns out there is a specific way to mount the re:pose and xlr holder, I have had great success since changing re:pose position. Pic attached to indicate.. The re:pose has to be at bottom with xlr holder at boom Pole end and the screw thread washer at the boom mount thread end not reopse thread end. I would use a yellow with a windshield myself I use the white for interior rig, yellow for medium basket rig and a red on my stereo basket rig. 

IMG_20221213_171347.jpg

Oh wow, I didn't even think of trying it that way. I'll have to try it ASAP, this seems promising!

A thousand thanks for the heads up :) 

I do wonder however why that would make a difference...