Apple Bluetooth earphones sound problems

summerlike

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to say, but the Airpod Pros are notorious for horrible sounding mics.

I found this out and tried various noise canceling settings and the like to resolve it.

Lots of posts online about these issues and folks problems.

If I want to talk, I use the regular AirPods so I don't sound underwater or whatever version of bad the Pros had.

SH

I got the AirPods Pro right when they were first released. I haven’t had people saying anything about me sounding weird talking on the phone - however I had a crackling noise in my ears - this was happening regardless if I was talking on the phone,  playing music or not playing anything at all, just silence. Simply moving my head, crackle happened. This was only in the left ear first. Had the left bud replaced.  Then right ear had the same problem about a month later.  Apple replaced that one too. Then the left one again and then lastly the right one again(!) I asked them if I’m simply having extremely bad luck since I’m not playing anything very loud, and keep them clean and safe in their case etc. Then they finally acknowledged that it was a known problem. At that time they had me send in the whole set, including the charging case. After that, the current replacement has been fine and seems like they have finally fixed the issues. So if anyone has problems with theirs, I would recommend checking with Apple support (I did the chat and described my issues). They seem to be quite good about replacing things and want to make sure you’re happy.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2021 at 4:32 AM, summerlike said:

I'm using AirPods Pro and I've recently noticed that people often can't hear what I'm saying when I'm on a call. What is going on?

Some detail would be great.

I purchased AirPods Pro last month and I am very happy with them. Except that they struggle to work with my 2010 Mac Pro running Mojave (10.14) but I think the only reason is the old Bluetooth version it runs.

With the iPod and iPad they work really well.

3 hours ago, borjam said:

I purchased AirPods Pro last month and I am very happy with them. Except that they struggle to work with my 2010 Mac Pro running Mojave (10.14) but I think the only reason is the old Bluetooth version it runs.

With the iPod and iPad they work really well.

I purchased a USB Bluetooth audio transmitter that delivers Bluetooth 5.0 to my 2012 MacBook Pro that only has Bluetooth 4.0, resulting in better fidelity as well as range. The problem with the AirPods is they don't support all the other BT codecs -- only SBC. Also, fidelity drops down to 8-bit when using both the mic and the speaker at the same time, for instance on a Zoom call on my MacBook Pro (whether using the adapter or not). So for calls where I want to use my AirPods as the mic, I use internal sound output (usually hardwired to an aux speaker). Sometimes I want sound out to the AirPods, in which case I use the laptop's mic. BT connectivity with the dongle and the AirPods has been a bit dodgy though. I am thinking of buying BT earbuds that support the other codecs (APTx).

https://us.creative.com/p/audio-enthusiasts/creative-bt-w3

On 11/3/2021 at 4:22 PM, sonicfruit said:

I purchased a USB Bluetooth audio transmitter that delivers Bluetooth 5.0 to my 2012 MacBook Pro that only has Bluetooth 4.0, resulting in better fidelity as well as range.

Aha, but it's an audio interface offering Bluetooth 5.0 compatibility instead of a full fledged Bluetooth controller, right?

I have bit the bullet and ordered a Wifi+Bluetooth upgrade for my Mac Pro.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/164830614939

I haven't received it yet but I know the seller, I purchased an AMD RX580 card for the Mac Pro  from him several years ago and it works like a charm.

I will report back :)

Thank you!

So I operated my old Mac Pro. It was easy although I really hate those tiny u.FL RF connectors. It looks like you are going to destroy them but they are surprisingly sturdy for their size.

Bluetooth has improved (as has WiFi being now 802.11ac compliant) but it still struggles trying to use the Airpods Pro in duplex mode (microphone and hearphones) so it may be a deeper issue in Mac OS X (the Mac Pro is running Mojave).