How long is too long?

kengmeng

Hi all,

I ordered some cables from a US-based cable maker in May, made the payment late May and have yet to get the cables.  Searching his name here got me a hit whereby he is running a business with one of the more senior members here so I'm still holding on to a last shred of hope/giving him the benefit of the doubt. I have compiled a list of exchanges between us that I am holding on to (including proof of payment). I don't want to ruin someone's reputation if there is force majeure.

From late May onwards, the gist was we had a lot of back and forth in the ensuing months basically of me asking him for updates. His last email to me (dated 17th of August) was to ensure me for the 3rd time that he was working on the cables and would ship them on that weekend. Since then, I've sent a couple of emails asking for a tracking number. Never heard from him since.

I've posted on other message boards asking for advice too. I thought I'd do the same here since it seems the majority of practitioners here are American.

I have attached a version of the compilation where I have redacted both our identities. Please judge for yourselves. (I realised I became increasingly rude towards the end of this exchange but the US isn't the only country this pandemic has hit really hard, soon after I ordered the cables my whole country went into lockdown again and all the jobs I had lined up just evaporated)

This is my last resort. I fully expect to never see my money ever again. Nor the cables.

exchange.jpg

Force majeure or not,  since communication has ended, it's appropriate to discuss this openly. Perhaps others know what the situation is and can find a resolution.

If that doesn't appeal to you, then perhaps send a private message to those who you identified as having a relationship with the person and see if they can provide information or resolution.

Who is it? Looking at your correspondences, it is clear that this person is a terrible businessman.  People need to learn about customer service if they decide to start taking people’s money. You were more than patient. Please out this person as they should not be in business if this is how they treat customers.

Dan Izen

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kengmeng,

Sorry to hear about your experience, but there are lots of awesome cable guys on here that could offer a far better service!

I hope this gets resolved quickly for you.

P.S. If you still need cables I can supply them at a decent price and will  be happy to send you a quote if you wish.

Thanks,

Nate.