Sennheiser A1031U Omni Passive Antenna

LuisT

Hi Guys, what do you think about this antenna?

I am searching for a omni antenna in combination of my Wisy LFA for inside use to help with multi path reflections.

I am for now running a pair of LFA. 

I am hesitating beetween the BETSO Bowtie (more filtered and compact) and the A1031U from Sennheiser.

I have 0,5Db Loss from the RF cable i use. I will not do long runs with this omni.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I am sure those omni antennas might work out just fine. While it may be completely different for your set up, with all the antennas I try, I keep going back to the Lectro dipoles. The range for me has been consistently better over bowties, home made dipoles etc (this of course not including situations where sharkfin directionals applied). i personally recommend lectro dipoles, as you also have the ability to dial in length of antenna based on your block you prefer to work in, or in my case using block 21 for most situations covers a wider range upstream. 

https://www.lectrosonics.com/sna600a-antenna.html

If someone at Lectro read this, would be great to have a version of the sna600 with sma connectors instead of bnc for bag work.

I simply removed  the mounting and “Velcroed” two dipoles on my bag and the results are brilliant, but the bnc to sma adaptors are still a bit bulky. 
just a suggestion;-)

You are right, .... but actually the adaptors are not really the problem, I should have written "the bnc connectors are are bit bulky".

And as all our beloved bag receivers and even the SL2 now are sma based, a sma version of the SNA600 dipole would be great.

23 hours ago, henrimic said:

You are right, .... but actually the adaptors are not really the problem, I should have written "the bnc connectors are are bit bulky".

And as all our beloved bag receivers and even the SL2 now are sma based, a sma version of the SNA600 dipole would be great.

i do agree as i had switched all my boom poles to ta3 connectors so every bit of “less bulky” helps, at least the visual bulk of larger connectors

thanks for your input guys. In the end i am maybe going with a omni from Wisycom (Adfa). (for mast use, not bag use)

It can allow me to also do long runs with the omni and compensate the loss of the cable.

and to bandpass filter like the LFA

• 2 years later...

This is an old post and I get that... but for others that come across this, if the consideration is an A 1031-U, then the best passive omni paddle on the market is the Wisycom ADB.  3.2dBi and typically sells less that the 1031.

However the user selecting the ADFA is even better; besides the improved passive gain like in the ADB, you get excellent DSP filters and active gain controllable from -12dBm to +27dBm.  Its also a smart antenna that can be controlled via software.