Audio Files from Deity BP-TRX with zero Duration - Corrupt Recording

Sound

14 hours ago, LoganSound said:

Hey much later I know, but I recently had a client send me a 0:00 duration wav and I was able to close the file with the free and open source wavfix inside 5 minutes from hitting the download button, just download, drag and drop.

Hope it helps, corruption sucks at all levels 😅

Has it been recorded with Bp trx as well?

has there been a one second Timecode shift as well?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 9:23 AM, Jordan Ulmer said:

Hey @Sound, I am having a similar problem with BP-TRX units ... namely the inability to reliably record internally because the devices lock up and become dysfunctional, this issue seems to be independent of the type of SD card...

It looks like the only way to use these devices right now is as wireless transmitters/receivers/timecode boxes.

Problem Description

Summary: BP-TRX freezes on a screen, displaying “Please wait…” after recording for longer than ~1hr.

Product: Deity BP-TRX Connect Deluxe Kit

Firmware Version: (Boot V1.0) (APP V1.3)

Problem: When in (TX + Recorder) mode, and the record button is pressed on BP-TRX after recording for ~1hr, when pressing stop, the BP-TRX shows "Please wait..." indefinitely.  No combination of buttons seem to power off or restart the device.

Duration: After recording for a little over 1hr the BP-TRX shows a locked screen showing "Please wait..." which persisted for over 48hrs, until the BP-TRX died.  A simple way to force power cycle would have been helpful.  Further recording glitches on this unit and the unit that came in the same order surfaced.

"Work around" Solution: Still waiting for batteries in the BP-TRX to lose charge so that the device powers off, then I will re-charge

Micro SD Card #1 Used: Sandisk Extreme pro UHS-I 128GB micro sd card

Micro SD Card #2 Used: Lexar 1066x 128GB UHS-I micro sd card

See full problem report with video examples here: https://tinyurl.com/2021-09-26-Deity-Connect-Issue (also attached as 2021-11-20-DEITY-Connect-BP-TRX-Issue-Report.pdf to this form)

I also reported this issue through https://deitymic.com/support/ back in September 2021... but I have had no response.

@Vincent R., @Andrew From DeityWhen does Deity plan to release a new (relative to (Boot V1.0) (APP V1.3)) FW version to correct internal recording issues in the BP-TRX?

Thanks!

2021-11-20-DEITY-Connect-BP-TRX-Issue-Report.pdf 2.43 MB · 1 download

Update: 2022-01-12 for APP V1.4 of BP-TRX SW

1. REC Only mode has been fixed in V1.4 - thank you this is much appreciated.

2. For "TX+REC" mode the previously described issue still exists, the BP-TRX still locks up with no way to power cycle (long hold press the power button does NOT restart of the unit when the "please wait..." glitch is displayed) (See the imbedded video below)

Question:

1. @Vincent R., @Andrew From DeityWhen does Deity plan to release a new (relative to (Boot V1.0) (APP V1.4)) FW version to correct internal recording issues that still exist in the BP-TRX in the "TX+REC" mode? - Even a simple auto-reset would be nice instead of the current indefinite "please wait..." glitch