Rycote HC-15 & HC-22 Shotgun Microphones

VASI

So, here we go!

Rycote made their first shotgun microphones in their history and world asking: "How it sounds, what's weight, is it good, have you throw it in iceberg; does it work in UAE desert?

HC-15 & HC-22 Shotgun Microphones is here and this topic calling you to post your worst & best experience with these microphones.

Don't be cute, don't be humble, don't be generous. We hate that. Does is it sound better from Schoeps? Does it built like Sennheiser 416? Simple, clean, to-the-point-answers. I don't ask to jeopardize your NDA; but people with no rental in some countries will appreciate your tested files.

===

PS. I can't add more than 2 "tags" when I create a topic. Invision Community; please fix that. :-) 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was also intrigued by well-respected Rycote making their first mics, so I asked the nice folks in Stroud if they could send me the two mics to test. I've just written a blog post about them: https://drbadphil.com/rycotes-first-microphones-review-and-tests-of-the-hc-15-and-hc-22-shotgun-mics  I'm nothing but an amateur (albeit a life-long one) so probably no use to most of you (I think you'd want to have one in your hands to judge how it compares to existing mics - such as Schoeps - in your arsenal), but perhaps it'll help the odd person.

Cheers,

Roland

Thanks Olle. Not sure that Rycote's mics are especially targeting Rode's shotgun mics: as I say in the review, price-wise they sit in a relatively unpopulated area. I'll be interested to hear - as they become available - where others, more experienced, think they sit sound-wise. Given Rycote's reputation, I'd have thought more credence would be given to these new kids on the blocks than most, so hope we'll hear some more feedback soon.

Cheers,

Roland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As many of you are probably aware, Rycote have now expanded their microphone range to include supercardioid, cardioid and omni mics. These use the same capsule and preamps as the shotgun mics, so sound pretty consistent. I've been playing around with the mics, and have just written a blog post on the supercardioid and cardioid models, if anyone is interested: https://drbadphil.com/rycotes-new-mics-part-1-cardioid-and-supercardioid  I'll do a separate post on the omni mics in due course.

Cheers,

Roland