Best field bag for the Sound Devices Mix Pre 6?

Grant

Thanks to everyone for the recommendations on a good choice of recorder/mixer. The discussion was not only very helpful, it prompted me to learn a bit more about feature sets.

About to place the order, and a bit short on time to unpack and be ready for the next event. I would like to know people's experience with choice of mixer bag, and if there's one that they feel is current best of breed. I am a generalist when it comes to sound - so can expect to be using the mixer/recorder indoors/outdoors/variety of situations.

Cheers!

I think it depends on how compact you want it to be? I have an OR-30 for my mixpre 6. Tons of room for for wireless, power and antenna distros, and whatever you may need. You could certainly go smaller with an OR-270 or a the Strut bags (smallest I believe). What other gear do you plan on putting in your bag?

I use mine with the K-Tek Stingray MixPro and I'm quite happy with it, even though I prefer Orca bags for bigger setups. You can fit 2 "slot-style" recievers inside the MixPro and you can attach recievers like the ew100s to the straps on the outside. The front pouch is perfect for a powerbank.

EDIT: Just remembered this video I found when I was looking for a bag for the MixPre: