Jump to content

Covid vaccine mandate in productions.


Recommended Posts

I am Just wondering If other countries ask "vaccine pass or card" when contracting or before production starts. In Korea, some of the productions ask vaccine pass but not manies but need PCR test like 2 times a week. 
 

Another curiousity to Americans. Is it true? Vaccine exemptions with thses people?


for example,
Congress people 535

and their all aides. 12,000

All FDA & CDC workers. 6,000

All US Postal workers. 600,000

Chinese exchange students(a lot)

All White House members and workers. 6,000

HHS 8,000

 

and so on.

 

Is it true? Really curious. 

 

https://rumble.com/von1jb-41385863.html

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you. I am not talking about the media platform.

I do not trust NY times, Fox news, Wired, and most US coporative media.  

I just need real fact on it. If you have seen any official docs on that, let me please know. 
 

Oh, at least I know Postal workers are exemption, right? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't talk about about what is happening in the US but here in Sydney Australia, since we recently come out of lock down, every job I have done has required to see a copy of my Vaccine passport before I can come on set. No passport no play. It isn't mandated but that is the way productions are choosing to do operate. As for being tested, some require to be tested before hand, others do a rapid test on arrival, many don't do anything. I mainly day play for reference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

99% of all jobs I have done since after lockdown has required testing and mask wearing. Some also have required face shields when interacting with-, or even being in the same space as, unmasked talent.

 

Recently, some are also asking for evidence of vaccination. 
 

So what? Better to be safe. For everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greece:

 

- No vaccination = Two times in a week, rapid test. Upload results in Gov app. Paid by their pockets. Mask required.

- Full vaccination = No rapid test. Mask required.

 

Today we have reached 6.800 cases; the worst since covid has been appeared here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dear “filmsalang”,

 

Every commercial in LA and SF that I have done since June of 2020 has of course required masks and PCR tests.

On the Disney show I’m on, vaccines are required. And naturally we test 3 times a week, wear a mask and face shields around unmasked talent. And we wash our hands and maintain our distance whenever possible.

 

And I’m 100% in favor of  all these precautions.

 

These are standard operating procedures, and will continue to be so until this virus is under control. You want to work on this show? No problem. Get vaccinated. What’s the big deal? This is the reality in the film business here in LA.

How things operate in your town may differ. But it be hooves us all to get vaccinated and not listen to all the misinformation out there.

And as an aside, if I were you I’d at least consider reading The NY Times before attempting to spread the misinformation you read on Rumble.

 

Regards,

 

Moe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a few well known clients that require you to be vax’d to work for them.  Another network client that if you are, you submit your vax info and are then given a permanent “pass” clearing you, but if not, you must test every time before you work in the field or go into their studio.  Others are all over the place with some requiring masks and/or testing and others not even asking vax status or testing.  
 

Some have hard and fast rules that are non-negotiable, some seem to be practicing “medical theater” and still some others don’t seem to really care or are operating under a “don’t ask, don’t tell” philosophy.  I was on the west coast shooting last weekend and got booked for a shoot back in-town for Tue.  Nothing was ever mentioned about Covid testing.  I landed at home Monday afternoon and had finally received an email with details, and of course it mentioned testing and billing it back.  I replied that I could not get tested before the shoot the next morning. I was not turning what was left of my day upside down trying to accommodate what was to me, a last minute request. When the PC called me they said a rapid was fine, and when I pushed and asked if testing was a deal-breaker, they said no.  So I did not test before their shoot(but did provide proof of vaccination).  And no one on-site even asked about testing or vax status.  The CCO took our temps shortly after arriving and we wore masks.   That was it…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, filmsalang said:

cause I am Korean. but need to know the fact. The fact is important whatever it comes from. 

I got another SOS news from Australia. 

This SOS "news" are for sure not facts. If anything, it is just interpretations... and crude agenda driven ones. Or if you want, it's alternative media producing alternative facts.

 

A rather undisputed fact is, that there is a political discussion in Germany for a mandatory vaccination for nurses.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have vaccinated nurses around me when I need that professional care and vaccinated people on set when I work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, DanieldH said:

This SOS "news" are for sure not facts. If anything, it is just interpretations... and crude agenda driven ones. Or if you want, it's alternative media producing alternative facts.

 

A rather undisputed fact is, that there is a political discussion in Germany for a mandatory vaccination for nurses.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather have vaccinated nurses around me when I need that professional care and vaccinated people on set when I work.

How do you know that is not fact, the Australia case. You are not in Australia now. I just wanna check what’s going on around the world. 
 

 

14 hours ago, RunAndGun said:

I have a few well known clients that require you to be vax’d to work for them.  Another network client that if you are, you submit your vax info and are then given a permanent “pass” clearing you, but if not, you must test every time before you work in the field or go into their studio.  Others are all over the place with some requiring masks and/or testing and others not even asking vax status or testing.  
 

Some have hard and fast rules that are non-negotiable, some seem to be practicing “medical theater” and still some others don’t seem to really care or are operating under a “don’t ask, don’t tell” philosophy.  I was on the west coast shooting last weekend and got booked for a shoot back in-town for Tue.  Nothing was ever mentioned about Covid testing.  I landed at home Monday afternoon and had finally received an email with details, and of course it mentioned testing and billing it back.  I replied that I could not get tested before the shoot the next morning. I was not turning what was left of my day upside down trying to accommodate what was to me, a last minute request. When the PC called me they said a rapid was fine, and when I pushed and asked if testing was a deal-breaker, they said no.  So I did not test before their shoot(but did provide proof of vaccination).  And no one on-site even asked about testing or vax status.  The CCO took our temps shortly after arriving and we wore masks.   That was it…

I have gotten PCR tested over 50 times till now for work and Vaccinated crew also have to get tested too, cause of Vaxx doesn’t work. Over 41% got covid even with vaccination here in Korea. So, it doesn’t matter if you are vaccinated or not, just need PCR test for everyone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depends on ones expectations. If you expect to not get infected, then none of the current products meet this expectation. BUT all products are effective, some more, some less. 

The chances of severe illness, long term damage and death are a lot less if you are vaccinated. 

An infected vaccinated person is a lot less and shorter infectious.

So it does matter. That whould I count as a fact.

I would agree that testing everybody regardless of vaccination is a good thing. I've also been tested countless times and got used to the deep swipe. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"If I were you I’d at least consider reading The NY Times before attempting to spread the misinformation you read on Rumble. "

Oh...my.

But if NYT is the standard:

"President Biden’s federal employee mandate, announced Thursday, will apply to employees of the executive branch, including the White House and all federal agencies and members of the armed services — a work force that numbers more than four million — but not to those who work for Congress or the federal court system, according to White House officials."

Now watch states attempt legal pushback.

--

"An infected vaccinated person is a lot less and shorter infectious. "

Hmm. Similar viral load. Have not seen anything regarding shorter transmission period.

PCR tests (with their typically excessive testing cycles) reportedly being phased out in US towards end of year. Replaced by...?

Guy who created PCR test was dismayed it became a pseudo-standard for C19 diagnosis, before he died.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Rich Reilly said:

"If I were you I’d at least consider reading The NY Times before attempting to spread the misinformation you read on Rumble. "

Oh...my.

But if NYT is the standard:

"President Biden’s federal employee mandate, announced Thursday, will apply to employees of the executive branch, including the White House and all federal agencies and members of the armed services — a work force that numbers more than four million — but not to those who work for Congress or the federal court system, according to White House officials."

Now watch states attempt legal pushback.

--

"An infected vaccinated person is a lot less and shorter infectious. "

Hmm. Similar viral load. Have not seen anything regarding shorter transmission period.

PCR tests (with their typically excessive testing cycles) reportedly being phased out in US towards end of year. Replaced by...?

Guy who created PCR test was dismayed it became a pseudo-standard for C19 diagnosis, before he died.

 

The whole idea running in the social media circles is that viral loads / vaccinated can transmit just as much as the unvaccinated was based off a study that used Ct scores that measure the RNA of virus. Using Ct scores measures the viral RNA and does not exclude viral RNA that has been destroyed by the immune system. There are a number of studies you can read already showing that vaccination reduces transmission to the unvaccinated even with the Delta variant.

 

Let's pretend with what you say is true about similar viral loads and unvacc'ed and vacc'ed are equal in transmission. First off, if you're vaccinated it reduces infection in the first place and therefore you can't transmit it. Secondly, you're likely to be ill and symptomatic for a shorter period of time when vaccinated which means a shorter time for transmission.

 

Lastly, you can't claim the whole "similar viral loads" and then make the claim PCR tests are useless. They used PCR tests in the "similar viral loads" study. So you either believe in them or you don't.

 

On 11/13/2021 at 1:32 AM, filmsalang said:

I have gotten PCR tested over 50 times till now for work and Vaccinated crew also have to get tested too, cause of Vaxx doesn’t work. Over 41% got covid even with vaccination here in Korea. So, it doesn’t matter if you are vaccinated or not, just need PCR test for everyone.

 

People seem to not be grasping the math and data involved when comparing the number of vaccinated people being infected and directly correlating that number to the unvaccinated. Just because 41% percent of people testing positive are vaccinated, it does not mean 41% percent of vaccinated people tested positive.

 

With all the charts, graphs and numbers being thrown in our faces if the general population was good at math we wouldn't have this problem of misinformation being spread around and people believing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"if you're vaccinated it reduces infection in the first place and therefore you can't transmit it. Secondly, you're likely to be ill and symptomatic for a shorter period of time when vaccinated which means a shorter time for transmission. "

So..no asymptomatic transmission?

"Lastly, you can't claim the whole "similar viral loads" and then make the claim PCR tests are useless. They used PCR tests in the "similar viral loads" study. So you either believe in them or you don't. "

Not necessarily. The issue is in one case tracking/accounting for the actual viral loads vs the other juicing them into crossing into positive terrain.

In the generally used tests, amplification is not standardized, nor disclosed. I asked my county health dept. about said disclosure and they responded "I wish!"

re that JHU article, what does "rapidly diminish" mean when they don't give any data then explain "Still, the exact rates of breakthrough cases are unknown at this time because cases may be asymptomatic and, until recently, the CDC didn’t recommend that vaccinated people be tested following exposure."?

A good exploration of PCR failings:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/health/coronavirus-testing.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...