Audio Ltd interfering with Lectro??

Donald Kauffman

Hi folks

I've recently started using an A10 for wireless boom. It's been rock solid so far using a betso sharkie and Audio wireless distro. 

The problem is (I think) that the tx seems to be interfering with my Lectros. In fact when I put the a10 tx anywhere near the bag with the lectro txs switched on the RF on those channels goes crazy. Is this normal? 

I've been getting too many rf problems with talent txs (Lectros) lately and I feel it's connected to the A10. I've scanned and rescanned and hasn't made any difference. But the interference that I'm hearing on Lectros sounds similar to the noisy interference when I put the a10 close to the bag, just a lot less

Does anyone have any experience with this and why it might be happening?

Thanks

Hi Donald,

What's your power setting on the Audio ltd?

I worked with a mixer that used A10s on the poles and only occasionally put them up to Medium from the Low setting that we had set 97% of the time.

Sorry if this is not the problem with you but I thought I should mention it.

*Different to your setup, he has separate antenna for Boom and talent radios choosing to remote the A10 RX with it's whips (antenna) but I do not believe this was due to any interference.

Edited by Soundwil
Editing

15 hours ago, Donald Kauffman said:

Hi 

Thanks for the response. Yeah I have it set always to low so far and haven't needed to bump it up.

Maybe I'll try using the separate antennas and see if it helps. But I would hope that there is a way to use it all on the same system. 

Of course.

Here's a link to the Sound Devices Wireless (ex Audio Ltd) Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/audiolimited

Hi,

I am using the same system / via A10RACK - cart / via AWDADM224 - bag. It work's great.

RF spread on SMA antenna inputs could be your issue (to much gain on AW distro). Set the gain to zero (AW distro), put all rx's next to each other and do full scan with Lectro while A10RX is powered ON, then OFF...Any difference ?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 10:49 PM, Soundwil said:

Of course.

Here's a link to the Sound Devices Wireless (ex Audio Ltd) Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/audiolimited

Thanks I've just joined. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated as it seems like no matter what I do the A10 is interfering with my other radios. I was setting up an ifb yesterday using Sennheiser in the 800 range and getting the same interference from the A10 when the TX was close by

On 11/14/2021 at 7:43 AM, Dejan Ceko said:

Hi,

I am using the same system / via A10RACK - cart / via AWDADM224 - bag. It work's great.

RF spread on SMA antenna inputs could be your issue (to much gain on AW distro). Set the gain to zero (AW distro), put all rx's next to each other and do full scan with Lectro while A10RX is powered ON, then OFF...Any difference ?

Cheers.

Hey thanks for the reply. I've been trying various things to solve this but so far nothing has really worked. 

I have never used any gain on the AW. I've now removed the A10 from the distro and just used its whips while the Lectros are on the distro. And I have the A10 on a separate block entirely but still having issues.

I don't think I've noticed differences in scans with the A10RX on or off. But I have with the TX on. If it's anywhere close to the bag it seems to make quite a big difference to scans on the Lectros. I'm going to try some more tests today

I’m no expert on the matter, but have you run the freq’s/blocks you’re operating on through an intermod app/calculator like Freq Finder?  I don’t know what blocks/chs you’re running, so this is completely unscientific and anecdotal (and sorta useless without knowing the blocks) but just for the heck I added an A10 Tx into my list(band A) and scrolled to a random freq and got intermod warnings for three Lectro Tx’s(two in block 22 and one in A1).

On 11/12/2021 at 12:19 PM, Donald Kauffman said:

Hi folks

I've recently started using an A10 for wireless boom. It's been rock solid so far using a betso sharkie and Audio wireless distro. 

The problem is (I think) that the tx seems to be interfering with my Lectros. In fact when I put the a10 tx anywhere near the bag with the lectro txs switched on the RF on those channels goes crazy. Is this normal? 

I've been getting too many rf problems with talent txs (Lectros) lately and I feel it's connected to the A10. I've scanned and rescanned and hasn't made any difference. But the interference that I'm hearing on Lectros sounds similar to the noisy interference when I put the a10 close to the bag, just a lot less

Does anyone have any experience with this and why it might be happening?

Thanks

Hi Donald,

My suggestion is as always; eleminate, then test and then add back until you find the guilty party. Try running the Lectros without the distribution device, i.e., the Lecros with just whip antennas.  Do everything else the same with the A10's and see if the problem is now cleared up. The repair department has been reporting a number of RF overload and interference problems with distribution amps. If you've done this already, then it may be time to look at the output of the A10's with a quality spectrum analyser.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

• 1 month later...

Hello @Donald Kauffman,

i had a similar problem. You need to check lectro block charts not to have intermod + scan of course but also mod your shockmounts.

I am using CINELA' old OSIX and i sent them for RF mod with EMC connectors. That seems to solve it for me. I am using lectro's SSM's mostly and A10's for booms.