Sennheiser Ambeo VR microphone Kit

leo153

Here are images of my Ambeo VB mic. It's connected to a MixPre10T. The mixer has a plug-in for the Ambeo. 

Notice the VU meter, the mixer records 2 file formats A and B (selectable). 

Recommended wind protection is the Rycote BBG 25mm. The dead cat is sold separately.

I'll try to answer any questions. 

Leo

Here is a video that was recored in a very echoey stone church. Ambeo was 30 feet from talent.

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/659411467

ambeo kit.jpg

2.jpeg

5.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

IMG-1913.png

mic.png

11.psd

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1983.jpeg

On 11/20/2021 at 3:50 AM, Michael Render said:

I am jealous of your setup! Looks great. I have been playing around with a Zoom H3-VR and would love to move up to a kit like yours.

I have no intention of dismissing the OPs setup, its great.

Addressing your comment.

You can start out with a Mixpre6, and a Rode NTSF-1 (includes its own "Blimp/Zepellin")

for a few hundred $ less.

• 2 months later...

Absolutely the RODE NTSF & VIDEO mic X are good substitutes. I like the sound of my kit, but wondering if I'm using it correctly in some circumstances. See how it says "Front up". That's the position I mount the mic, straight-up facing a band, with "front"

On 2/14/2022 at 11:17 PM, syncsound said:

Mostly just big Ziplocs. The ACs hold them horizontally, so their wrist fits into the opening to clap the sticks.

facing me. I haven't had time to test it the other way around, anyone know for sure? I'll check Senn site to see... (soon)

AMBEO.jpg

On 3/8/2022 at 8:30 AM, osa said:

What I quickly saw is front referring to front of 360 camera, so my understanding is if your eyes are the camera looking at the band, “front” faces towards the band

Yes, thats correct.

If you're not using a 360 camera, it really doesn't matter, as you can reposition in Ambeo software plugin.