Lectro dcr822 hybrid mode..

r.paterson

Hello i was wondering there is anyone using lectro 822 receivers purely in hybrid mode and if so are you happy with performance/range  and no audio artifacts etc..

I am looking at getting 4 x 822 receivers and using with my hybrid tx only..and eventually replace with digital d2 tx. But that wont be for some time. Looking for some real world user experience purely in the hybrid domain.

Many thanks

Richard

I bought one back around August(?) and have been using it mostly with some block 22 SMQV's and UH400A's.  No issues, so far with digital hybrids.  It's been rock solid.  I used it one time with one of my audio guys that has a digital camera hop system, and even with the line out maxed(+7 vs. +5 on SR's), the levels were still a little low.  Not sure if this is a "fully digital" thing or not(not sure how audio had his Tx's set, so...).

So from a performance perspective with digital hybrids, it's been great.  From an operational perspective, I don't like the screen itself(very hard to see, ultra tiny text/graphics and actually prefer the LCD dot matrix of the SR's/411A'S, etc.), the freq. scan or freq. set vs. the SR's.  But it's great having a receiver that basically works with almost every transmitter they've made in the last ~20 years across six blocks.

I’ve been using my 822 primarily in all digital mode, but just this past week had a commercial and used it in hybrid mode with an HMa plug. I was very pleased with the performance and didn’t experience any dropouts, even with only using the whips. 

Hi Richard, using 3 822 since summer with hybrid transmitters ( smqv, hma, smdb ). All rocksolid from day one. I like that you can throw anything lectro at them, makes my small kit for cars/trailers etc. very flexible as it will tune to any active transmitter. That was also the main intention, i didnt try digital tx till now.

greets

Are you all using the 822 with just whips in a bag or are you using antenna distros?  Just curious about the 822 as it does seem like a solid performer for bag use given how you can use any lectro transmitter and put as many as needed per a given job in a bag vs always hauling a DSQD around.

4 hours ago, codyman said:

Are you all using the 822 with just whips in a bag or are you using antenna distros?  Just curious about the 822 as it does seem like a solid performer for bag use given how you can use any lectro transmitter and put as many as needed per a given job in a bag vs always hauling a DSQD around.

Just whips

On 11/24/2021 at 5:49 PM, codyman said:

Use mine with a distro from a PSC 6 pack, performance is rock solid with digital hybrid.

On 11/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, codyman said:

I actually do both. I have a DSQD in my bag and an 822, and use whips or Betso Bowties. As I also have an SL-2 in my bag, I don’t need any rf or power distro and still have 10 channels of wireless if I need it. 

On 11/29/2021 at 8:05 AM, Freeheel said:

Yikes Constantin, have you replaced your spine with titanium?  Thats a big bag...

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

It’s not that bad, actually, because I don’t have those distros in there. I only use this as a drop bag for car work and as a backup or mobile alternative to my cart, though, and always with a boom-op. Only very rarely do I actually wear it and boom. 

Here is a picture of how I use it currently, if anyone cares. Although here I do have to distro, as I wanted to charge the Tentacle and my phone…

5297D914-3B75-419C-8EE4-E4334000C845.jpeg

• 1 month later...