Anyone know anything about the Any Spot AS-DIST-4

joshneal

Anyone know anything about the Any Spot AS-DIST-4?  Its a 2 Input 8 output Antenna Distro system for running 4 wireless receivers.  Only $399  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/524695-REG/Galaxy_Audio_AS_DIST4_AS_DIST4_Antenna_Distribution_System.html

It also runs off 12v DC power which would be great for on the cart.  If anyone knows anything about how well this unit works, let me know, the only downside I can see is that the antenna outs are not standard BNC connecters, but some other type requiring adapters to be made.

Or if anyone knows of any other inexpensive antenna distro system that would be good on the cart, let me know.  Looking to run a shark fin and a dipole to 4 lectro recievers.  Has anyone had any experience running an ac powered distro system using an inverter with a large marine battery or something similar?

Thanks

Josh

• 4 months later...

The Shure UA844 or 845 will work.  They have BNC in's and out's.  Will power an active Sharkfin, but you will need a DC blocker for the passive antennae's.  It can be dc powered as well with 4 dc power outputs which is pretty ideal for a cart.  Just make sure that you get the wideband unit or the specific freq range that you need.  I think the 845 model has a link option for another 845 unit.

Okay, I'm missing something.  I understand voltage drop over long runs.  What I was saying is...  the back of each unit has a DC input jack.  This I presume is to power the unit.  The Any Spot has a label on the jack that reads it will accept 12 - 18 Volts DC.  The Shure 844 has a DC input jack that is labelled 14 - 18 VDC.  So are you saying you can use something less that 14 volts on the Shure if you have a shorter cable run?