Suggest a Better (Best?) Bag for a MixPre 10 II

Michael Render

i tested the k-tek junior-x bag but went for the small-x. junior is nice if you've got not to many other stuff like receivers etc. for me it was a little to small to fit everything. still to get to the jogwheell, you have to keep the right part unzipped, but i think it's a little better then orca. if possible i use an external controller, wingman and touch screen to use the jog as little as i can

1 hour ago, bary555 said:

i tested the k-tek junior-x bag but went for the small-x. junior is nice if you've got not to many other stuff like receivers etc. for me it was a little to small to fit everything. still to get to the jogwheell, you have to keep the right part unzipped, but i think it's a little better then orca. if possible i use an external controller, wingman and touch screen to use the jog as little as i can

I am hearing from others that the Small-X is the way to go. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Here's a photo of my mp10 in the junior x. Totally fine for my needs, but I rarely go over 4 channels of wireless. There's an audioroot bds in there, g3 hop in the right exterior pocket, and comtek on the left exterior pocket. eSMART secured on the bottom flap, below the recorder. I pretty much don't use the front pocket unless I need a couple extra g3 rx's in a pinch.

Would feel pretty slick with an mcr54 where that g3 is for 6 channels of wireless in this small of a bag.

I don't have a real problem accessing the knob on the right, but I have small fingers. Using a harness can get in the way a bit, but it's a minor annoyance. Generally, I do take numbers & scene names with the knob, and renaming tracks with the wingman app. I've also zip-tied it to the bottom of the bag, in addition to velcro, which helps with rigidity. Hirose port is straight output (not RA) and there's enough space for it, including the eSMART. 

If you have a 3-4SR setup, a big base-station comtek transmitter, antenna distro, etc. I can see a larger bag being useful. I'm just a bit obsessive with keeping my kit as small as possible -- helpful for many situations in nyc. 

Hopefully this gives you some perspective!

5C73E6EA-1026-46D8-87FC-ABE05B7594C1_1_105_c.jpeg