Boom Recorder discontinued???

Michael

Hey guys Found this over on RAMPS

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything else about it?

http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.arts.movies.production.sound/browse_thread/thread/23943b7fe77c4437?hl=en#

Take is there any chance you can fill us in on whats happening with future products and if/when they will be available.

Cheers

Boom Recorder 9.0 will be audio only. I've decided that I do not want to solve the multiple clock issues involved with that.

Instead I may want to make a stand alone digital cinema camera.

I have some interesting algorithms in my had that I want to try.

Cheers,

Take

Oh man, I just tried BR out on my last project and was planning to fill out my rig around it. It was nice and solid, reports were great. I never thought I could be comfortable with a laptop on set, but there it was. Is there any time frame for 9.0? Because only 5 days left on my trial and upcoming work...what is a mixer to do? Rent a Deva?

Cheers Take,

Just didn't want to see boom recorder slip into oblivion. Good to hear that your working on version 8. Any hints as to when we might expect to see it?

I have been following this thread with great interest, of course, since I think I was one of the first to discover BoomRecorder many years ago (and continued to be amazed at Take's energy, fine tuning the software on a weekly basis). I know that there are lots and lots of mixers out there who have used BoomRecorder either as a backup, when they need more tracks, or even as the primary recorder for some. It is the stability and ease of use of very well designed software and the elegance of the Mac platform that have convinced many that they can use their laptops for professional production recordings.

I am pleased as well that Take has chimed in here to inform us all that he is working on the next generation BoomRecorder. This is something we can all look forward to.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Oh man, I just tried BR out on my last project and was planning to fill out my rig around it. It was nice and solid, reports were great. I never thought I could be comfortable with a laptop on set, but there it was. Is there any time frame for 9.0? Because only 5 days left on my trial and upcoming work...what is a mixer to do? Rent a Deva?

Contact Take directly, I'll bet you guys can work something out. He's a great guy and very responsive to user needs. Very refreshing if you're used to dealing with Digidesign, or even (gasp) Apple.

Best regards,

Jim