Looking for someone with an accessible A10 Rack (ADX5D mod)

Wyatt Tuzo

This may be a long shot, but I'm looking for someone who may have easy access to an A10 Rack (that is currently not in a rack), who would be willing to remove the top cover to photograph the inside.

Specifically, I'm thinking of embarking on a mod to make one of these accommodate the Shure ADX5D's, but would like to see the internal routing of the antenna distro before buying. This modification would involve removing the chassis-mounted SMA connectors and replacing them with grommets, allowing direct RF leads to be run in their place.

Thanks in advance!

Wyatt

While I'd still prefer to remove the SMA's altogether, another option that is presenting would be to machine a custom slot-receiver spacer with cut-outs to accommodate the SMA connectors. This will require an internal DB25 spacer as well (as seen here):

image.png 

Again, my preferred route would be to remove the SMA connectors altogether, but I need to make sure that I am able to maintain the RF connection integrity. If the SMA's are PCB mounted directly behind the faceplate, this doesn't leave me with many options for strain relief when replacing with cables.

So that, in essence, is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of if anyone has information that could help. SD has (understandably) denied my request for technical drawings or photos.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 7:54 AM, Wyatt Tuzo said:

While I'd still prefer to remove the SMA's altogether, another option that is presenting would be to machine a custom slot-receiver spacer with cut-outs to accommodate the SMA connectors. This will require an internal DB25 spacer as well (as seen here):

image.png 

Again, my preferred route would be to remove the SMA connectors altogether, but I need to make sure that I am able to maintain the RF connection integrity. If the SMA's are PCB mounted directly behind the faceplate, this doesn't leave me with many options for strain relief when replacing with cables.

So that, in essence, is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of if anyone has information that could help. SD has (understandably) denied my request for technical drawings or photos.

Thanks!

Let me know if you try any of these Wyatt. I’m trying to find a way to get at least one Shure in my A-10 rack.