Telemetry dropouts on Audioroot battery distros

CineStrega

I've been using an Audioroot eSmart distribution system with Inspired energy batteries for a few shoots now, and on our last shoot I had a couple instances of seeing all the telemetry drop out on the screen of the eSmart. Basically the volt meter, and time remaining counter went to zero for like a second or two before recovering. It didn't seem like power was disrupted to my bag at all though. Has anyone else encountered this?

This sounds familiar. I've had this happen and also on one of my units the screen info has gone for good. I have also noticed that the distro of power isn't interrupted so they're still usable. Very annoying and is the reason I've gone back to the Remote Audio BDS.

16 hours ago, CineStrega said:

Has anyone else encountered this?

yes, I had a loose data pin connection in the battery cup/cable joint. The error was intermittent and was actually hard to reproduce by bending the cable. But Audioroot still recommended to replace the battery cup. Finally I did and the problem was gone.