Lithium Ion batteries flying - carryon - NP1 and Sony L-Series

PCMsoundie

Since this is USA FAA and Federal Regulations not just rules from an airline.
I wanted to know how those of you flying with a bag rig pack your lithium ion batteries to travel? AudioRoot, Remote Audio Hi-Q, NP1, Sony L-series
I'm not asking IF you check your bag rig OR carry it on. This is ONLY for Lithium Ion batteries as carry on. Flying USA Domestically and also flying Internationally?

I carry
IDX NP-L7S 68Wh
IDX SL-F50 48Wh

2020 FAA website

Spare (uninstalled) lithium metal batteries and lithium ion batteries, electronic cigarettes and vaping devices are prohibited in checked baggage. They must be carried with the passenger in carry-on baggage. 

If carry-on baggage is checked at the gate or planeside, spare lithium batteries, electronic cigarettes, and vaping devices must be removed from the baggage and kept with the passenger in the aircraft cabin. Even in carry-on baggage, these items should be protected from damage, accidental activation and short circuits. Battery terminals should be protected by manufacturer’s packaging or covered with tape and placed in separate bags to prevent short circuits.

Spare (uninstalled) lithium ion and lithium metal batteries, including power banks and cell phone battery charging cases, must be carried in carry-on baggage only. When a carry-on bag is checked at the gate or at planeside, all spare lithium batteries and power banks must be removed from the bag and kept with the passenger in the aircraft cabin. The battery terminals must be protected from short circuit.

Lithium ion (rechargeable) batteries are limited to a rating of 100 watt hours (Wh) per battery. These limits allow for nearly all types of lithium batteries used by the average person in their electronic devices. With airline approval, passengers may also carry up to two spare larger lithium ion batteries (101–160 Wh) or Lithium metal batteries (2-8 grams). 

See the regulation: 49 CFR 175.10(a)(18)
FAA Packsafe website

Now for larger than 100Wh ( or Lithium metal batteries) can anyone detail how they got airline approval? Any issues or administrative red tape taking time?

How about flying Internationally?

To prevent short circuits, keep spare batteries in their original packaging, a battery case, or a 
separate pouch or pocket. Make sure loose batteries can’t move around. Placing tape over the terminals of unpackaged batteries 
also helps to insulate them from short circuit. 

FAA Packsafe detail

I have used the original IDX packaging before so they know exactly what is in it although I've been asked a couple times to take the battery out of the IDX NP-L7S original packaging to be run through a X-Ray machine a 2nd time and that was really counter productive.

Always taped or with contact covers.  Never had to worry about being oversized, since I'm not carrying huge camera batteries-but I have had them examined for Wh size - helps if you know where the size is inscribed so you can point it out quickly.  If you fly into some countries (like Japan) you may be required to have ALL your batteries in carryon, even safe ones like NiMh or alkaline AA's!!

Cheers,

Brent Calkin