Schoeps MK6 multi pattern capsule

Elusive Sounds

I've been trying to find a used MK8 for a while and came across the MK6. Anyone have any experience with the MK6 capsule? Seems like this would be a very versatile tool. Why did Schoeps discontinue these?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/515467-REG/Schoeps_MK_6_MK6_Multi_Pattern_Capsule_for.html

PS if anyone is selling an MK6 or MK8, get at me!

Thanks.

I believe that you will find that most (many) Mk6 capsules are stuck in one pattern and that Schoeps does not repair these any more.  That being said, if the one for sale still functions, and is priced right, it might work for you.  Remember, of course, that it is a side-address capsule, just like the Mk8.

D.

This from the Schoeps site:

We strive to repair any and all Schoeps products regardless of their age. Our products are very durable, and we can repair most products even if they are far more than 20 years old. But at some point, even we eventually run out of replacement parts. Thus we can no longer offer service in general for tube microphones (except the M 222), MK 6 capsules, CMTS stereo microphones, the VMS 02/52, or any other microphones older than the Colette Series (ca. 1973). This includes all CMT versions as well as the Strässer CM 640 models. For safety reasons, power supplies for these microphone series will no longer be repaired, either. Any other models may be sent to us at any time.

There are some threads on GS that talk about, maybe, others who might be able to repair the Mk6 but even those threads are quite old in themselves.

D.