Thoughts/opinion on Wisy MPR52 + TX for my bag work

JavierCarles

Hi folks,

I'd appreciate very much if anyone here wouldn't mind to share their thoughts about the upcoming upgrade that I'm seriously

thinking to do. I usually do a few weeks of research before buying anything expensive, and I thought opening this thread and read

people's thoughts about buying the bundle of Wisycom MPR52 receiver with x2 TX (MTP41s) for £3k new

I'm based in London (UK), and I mostly do bag work on my own (loads of short films, documentaries, corporate, 

online content...) and sometimes I assist as 1st on mid-budget productions or/and 2AS dailies on big productions.

I've been working for almost the last 3 years with my Zoom F8 and x3 Senny G3 (SMA mod antenna) with Sankens. 

They're doing good, and I'm happy with it but sometimes the size of the transmitters and the freq range

makes my job complicated and stressful. That's why I'm thinking to upgrade to the Wisy, as I've worked

with them as assistant a few times and I liked them, and I know they're just better than G3s, of course.

My questions are: Is it really a good upgrade? worth it? 

Will work fine with the F8? would you upgrade the recorder instead? TBH I'm happy

with this machine and even though the pre amps and headphones out and outputs

are not as great as SD, it does the job for the kind of stuff I do. I don't think getting

a pre-mix 10 would be such a worth upgrade, and SD 8 series is out of my budget.

I always think about second hand 633, but again, I think it's better to improve the 

sound of my wireless first rather than the recorder itself.

Anything I should have in mind if I go with this bundle? Frequencies wise or

power or anything that people have noticed working with it?

I know there's the MCR54 4-channel multi-band true diversity receiver with x4 TXs ...

but that's +£6,570 and it's a bit too much for me. Plus I don't think I need that many

transmitters. But maybe I should just save more and get this instead...?

Of course if anyone is selling any, don't hesitate to send me a message!

Thanks very much

Javier

Hi Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the mpr52. the biggest problem is the reception in the 2-channel operation. I had massive problems with it. I only use it as a 1 channel receiver (true diversity). I've also sent it to Wisycom, no problem was found. I am a big wisycom fan but unfortunately the mpr52 is not good. try to get a mcr42 maybe there are still some remaining stocks.

1 hour ago, chrisbakeruk said:

I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure they are releasing  a new version of the 2 ch receiver soon... might be worth waiting a few months?

Yes! You're right

Just talked with Raycom and they said a MCR54 dual should be out in a couple or months or so. Will wait for that and decide then

Can't find anything online when I type MCR54 dual though, but I guess something will come up soon

Thanks a lot !

2 hours ago, JavierCarles said:

Yes! You're right

Just talked with Raycom and they said a MCR54 dual should be out in a couple or months or so. Will wait for that and decide then

Can't find anything online when I type MCR54 dual though, but I guess something will come up soon

Thanks a lot !

Guessing the model will be called MCR52 (if MPR52 or MCR42 are anything to go by).

12 hours ago, Wlad said:

Hi Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the mpr52. the biggest problem is the reception in the 2-channel operation. I had massive problems with it. I only use it as a 1 channel receiver (true diversity). I've also sent it to Wisycom, no problem was found. I am a big wisycom fan but unfortunately the mpr52 is not good. try to get a mcr42 maybe there are still some remaining stocks.

Ah, I see... That's doesn't sound very good

Will wait for the new dual receiver probably then, I guess it'll be a similar thing than the MCR42

Thanks a lot!

8 hours ago, daniel said:

Guessing the model will be called MCR52 (if MPR52 or MCR42 are anything to go by).

Yeah, that makes sense and it's probably a good guess. Still can't find anything anyways, but I guess more info will come within the next months

Thanks Daniel, hope you're well mate!

I have actually just bought Lectro!

Found a good offer for a SRB RX with x2 TX SMRB-E01

Only thing though is that I can't power up the RX. The bottom plate

is a SREXT, and I have the right cable and a 12V battery that I use to 

power up my F8, but for some reason it doesn't work with the Rx...

Am I missing something? The Rx says that power requir are 6-18VDC, 0.20A

The Talentcell battery I have is 12V, so I don't understand why it doesn't work

anyone here could recommend a power solution for this receiver? I have the cable

with 4-pin hirose too, that came with the receiver

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they use a locking 2.1mm pin on the DC connector. Talentcells work fine with them, so it might be an issue of having the right barrel connector.

It might not power up with power, you may need to turn it on from the front panel of the SRb.