Antenna distribution: UCR411A

Blackdawg

Hey Guys, 

I have a bag with a Mixpre 10T in it and 4 channels of UCR411a's and 1 TRXCL3. 

I have always kind of had RF issues, certainly not great performance as I have had in the past when using this gear in other situations. Im just using the 1/4 wave antennas thats come with the UCR's and TRX. The TRX seems to do mostly okay but my lavs can be really spotty to the point I don't trust them as much as I need to. I do not work in an area where there is a lot of RF around, quite the opposite in fact as I work out on a massive ranch most the time. So nothing local is messing with me. 

I've cleaned up cabling as much as possible, and lifting the receivers up as high as I can or setting them on the bag helps. But I hate doing that. So looking for an antenna distributor to get a small boom with a nice antenna on it. 

But most units I see for are for the SRC receivers which I kind of wish I had just 2 of those for 4 channels of wireless in one of the antenna units made for them. 

Is there any unit that works with the UCRs? Or should I seriously consider switching to the SRCs? 

Thanks!

remote the trxcl3 antenna to your harness.. lectro do a coaxil dipole antenna thats ideal..see youtube on how to build yourself..worth it even for testing.. also make sure you have about40- 50 mghz seperation between talent and hop

https://www.lectrosonics.com/the-wire-lists/869-wire-lists-24-making-a-coaxial-dipole-antenna-with-6-items-in-8-easy-steps.html

6 hours ago, r.paterson said:

remote the trxcl3 antenna to your harness.. lectro do a coaxil dipole antenna thats ideal..see youtube on how to build yourself..worth it even for testing.. also make sure you have about40- 50 mghz seperation between talent and hop

https://www.lectrosonics.com/the-wire-lists/869-wire-lists-24-making-a-coaxial-dipole-antenna-with-6-items-in-8-easy-steps.html

Thank you much!

I have thought about doing that. I just need to get the cabling for it. 

I do keep the TRX on the outside of the bag as far from the receivers as possible, and they are far apart in frequency, or as far as I can get really with the Blocks I have: 

Ch1: 512.500

Ch2: 520.100

Ch3: 538.300

TRX: 560.000

So I will push the TRX up more to 590ish and try to build a longer antenna. Do you run it up on your harness like by your shoulders? 

Would it be even worth it to get better antenna's for the receivers?

Its proximity ie distance to the lectro receivers antennas ..have the hop antennta ie coaxil dipole antenna on harness high up strap with tip in free air ie poking up over your shoulder into the air..and make sure zaxnet is off on the trxcl3 if you are not using zaxnet..if you do scans at the moment you should see a noise floor from the trxcl3..then do a scan with the trxcl3 switched off..and compare..if cleaner thats what it will be like with a ciaxil.dipole on harness..