Win XP Pro and Pro Tools 8 Problem

I've done a fresh reinstall of Win XP pro on my pc. I've reinstalled Pro Tools 8 with all the creative pack too. When I do the first load up and it loads the plug-ins for the first time it gets as far as structure and stalls. This is the first time I've done a clean install with PT8 as when I first installed PT8 I still had 7.4. I've reinstalled it and re-downloaded the installer and the same thing happens. Though if I remove the creative pack and then run Pro Tools 8 again it comes up as normal.

Any thoughts?

Systems Specs

Dell Precision 390

Windows XP Pro 32bit

1.86ghz Intel Core 2 duo

4GB Ram

250gb System Drive

750gb Storage Drive

250gb Storage Drive for Pro Tools

Thanks in advance.

Ross Collier

Sound Trainee

Thanks found the problem on the digidesign forum.

Turns out it's an issue with IE8 which is now in the Auto update and apart of windows 7. It messes with some of the pro tools plug ins.

I'm not a fan of PCs too but Mac are still too costly for my liking and budget at the moment. But woking on saving up for one.

• 5 weeks later...

My advice for PC people trying to use Pro Tools is to buy a used Mac! I agree 100%: Apple charges a premium for their hardware, and it's gotten to the point where their prices are borderline unfair.

I used to have a T-shirt that said "Love the Mac... Hate Apple." I'm definitely in that camp when it comes to pricing.

--Marc W.