At this point in time is any pro manufacturer competing with Zaxcom on weight?

Tim M

Many things in our industry can be debatable, like does Zaxcom have better range than Wisycom or Lectro etc. This may be a main concern for those completely restricted to carts, but for people like me I am solely concerned with weight. Has any pro manufacturer big or small attempted in any capacity to match Zaxcom in this area? The NOVA has been for a few years now to be wholly unmatched in this concern...but I'm hoping someone out there has made an attempt.

Sonosax R4+ is pretty light and the mix-pre 10 might come close but I don't think anyone is close to an all in one solution like the Nova is. * series kind of comes close with the SL-2 but is HEAVY. THat's the main reason I sold mine and went with a Nova.

And other than Sound Devices with Audio Ltd. I don't know of anyone else who owns their own wireless allowing for the level of integration that Zaxcom can. They have a longstanding ecosystem that many other companies are just beginning to implement or even just think about.