Audioroot BG DU not recognising eSmart batteries (even with correct 4 wire cup)

Badgrrmmr

Effectively the title. I have batteries that are Audioroot branded Li-96neo.

I have the correct 4 wire (eHRS4-OUT-4W) going into my BG DU box and every time I plug a battery in, it sees it as a "standard battery" and not the smart battery. 

I tried emailing Audioroot directly but the email bounced. Their website doesn't really give a lot of information on this occurrence. 

If i run both batteries completely flat and recharge, will this reset them? Is there a way to reset the BG DU?

are you able to get a hold of another battery and battery shoe?
i would guess that there is a connection not being made with one or both of the data pins between the battery and the BG DU box.

and (apologies for the patronising suggestion) but it would be worth trying the email again, but make sure you type it correctly, as the contact info on the site doesnt have a mailto link for the email. though i may just be projecting my poor typing on you.

good luck

12 hours ago, rich said:

though i may just be projecting my poor typing on you.

I do have rather chubby fingers... :) I also sent it to .com not .fr... 

12 hours ago, rich said:

are you able to get a hold of another battery and battery shoe?

This was my next plan of attack. Hopefully its just a loose wire at the hirose end and can be resoldered. 

• 2 weeks later...

Double-check that you're plugging the cup into that one Hirose 4 lightly-labelled DC IN (on top far right). I know this might also sound obvious, but I remember seeing another post a while back where a user went into one of the other 8 Hirose's (which are the outputs). The interesting thing is it will still pass Power if you went in/out on those 8 (like a passive splitter)... but data/telelmetry can only come in on that one IN port. Might be easy to miss this in a dark bag/cart/rack.

BG-DU_2.jpg

I had to return my audioroot neo. I thought it was a propertairity problem. It would only charge in their charger, but not in the small OEM one I have. Not sure it helps you, but I have a feeling they are somehow designed to be a bit particular with what you connect to them. But since everything is the same brand in your case - I would reach out to audioroot themselves.

I have news. 

There was an issue internally that required some soldering to mend. One of the PCB traces may have been damaged during manufacture. Thankfully the support from Audioroot was fantastic and thorough so I was able to test and track down the issue and make the repair myself.  All works as it's supposed to now! 

Not an ideal situation but it saved me having to send the BG off and being without a way to power my bag.