M-Audio GSR 12 diy amp repair

osa

A long shot here but… amp is fried on this powered speaker i used to use in the field, and at one time there was repair services for what must have been a common problem with these powered speaker modules. I sat so long on the repair that repair kits or repair services seem no longer available. Anyone here ever replace a powered amp module in a speaker? Would still like to try n repair even with dif amp manufacturer or convert to passive speaker 

5 hours ago, berniebeaudry said:

Haven't done what you're asking but Parts Express has lots of speakers and speaker parts.  https://www.parts-express.com

Cool thank you - the closest thing I could find was an instructables link how to troubleshoot active speaker amplifiers, replace bad capacitors, power supplies etc So parts express will come in handy

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 2:19 PM, osa said:

A long shot here but… amp is fried on this powered speaker i used to use in the field, and at one time there was repair services for what must have been a common problem with these powered speaker modules. I sat so long on the repair that repair kits or repair services seem no longer available. Anyone here ever replace a powered amp module in a speaker? Would still like to try n repair even with dif amp manufacturer or convert to passive speaker 

Check this board out: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254168587955

I used this to replace the amp on the M-Audio GSR 12. It works with the existing wire harness except for the LED logo light which I need to modify the connector. All you have to do is un-loop the wires from the magnet in the enclosure where the amp goes and this amp will fit in without any issues. I did remove the 12 inch driver to remove the wires. This amp board is slightly shorter in length and wider than the stock amp board.  

IMG_4387.HEIC