Lav mic attenuator?

Sound

Does something as an attenuator for lav mics exist.

I was trying the rode wireless go II and used the internal mics.

Audio is totally clipped - even in the internal recording - although the attenuator was activated. (I think its only 3db).

Now I tried to connect an external mic, but it still clips very soon.

Is there a way to connect an attenuator to the lav mic so the input signal doesnt clip in the wireless go ii?

I know its not an ideal solution..

( Sarcastic, salty comments removed) Yes, there is a way. But what you are experiencing can be more easily solved by utilizing higher end, lower sensitivity LAV mics. Rode is a good beginning and backup, but as you see, it has hard limitations. If your savy with a razor and iron you can put in a resistor and lower sensitivity, I guess you could make your own attenuation adapter cable ( casual trash talk mixed with salty comment removed). Lemme know if your curious 🧐. I’ve made lots of repairs to many different types of LAV mics. PM me for pics and how to’s. 

Unfortunately Rode has only a pad setting thats -4db for the internal and - according to some user experience -2 db for the external mic. You can set the output level of the receiver for sure, but that doesnt help. I think I will stay with my sony uwp-d wireless lavs so far, as those rodes arent ideal when it gets loud.