Strange flaw. My WM-Connect works on 664 but not 633

DanieldH

I have a WM-Connect that I use on different rental units. It seems, it does not do anything on at least 2 different 633 units (FW4.61), but it does work on different 664 units. The 633 USB port is set to host/keyboard. When I plug a keyboard (with an integrated hub) in the USB-A to B cable adapter, it also does not do anything.

Has anyone experienced a similar behaviour with 633 and WM-Connect?
What am I missing?

When I connect the 633 in factory test mode (or at boot time) to a linux computer lsusb finds the "10c4:ea60 Silicon Labs CP210x UART Bridge".

On 2/26/2022 at 8:49 PM, Dalton Patterson said:

The usb port is prolly dirty. Clean ports contacts with a qtip and contact cleaner. 

+1

The USB ports on 6 series get oxidation pretty easily (they not gold connectors). You need something like Deoxit for best cleaning/ remove the oxides.

For anything data signal the connectors need to be absolutely clean (USB, RJ45, etc...)

Thnx guys for the input. Both units I experienced where rentals. I've looked into the port (and my connector) with a torch on that weekend. All looked good, as far as I could see, though though was limited. I've first suspected a "geriatric disorder" of the 633 on the USB power or some creeping current in my WM-Connect that 633 handles less well.  Your input is a lot more plausible though.