New Neumann MCM sereies for dialog recording in cars

Oscar

... has anyone tried it yet? It is a newly developed elecret capsule, the "KK14". It has some handy clips and gooseneck accessories that make it handy to use in a car situation, I guess. There is adapter cable's avalibale for micro dot / 3,5mm / lemo etc.

Looks like it's worth a try. I guess it could be a competitor for the DPA 4099. They're all primarily targeted at instrument recording but I guess for voice they could do a great job too. here's the official page:

https://en-de.neumann.com/mcm-system

I am using DPA 4063 and DPA 6060 on my Zaxcom TRX's and I am happy with them placed on the actor. However in car's they sound a little but thin compared to a real condenser mic like my MKH 40/50' for example which are great sounding mic's but sometimes just too big. ( especially to mount them under the ceiling of the car)

Matthias Richter posted a great comparison in his thread "recording dialog in a car - comparison test" with Schoeps mic capsules. (failing to post a link because the search mask is horrible...) So who's already using Shoeps will be probably happy with the Schoeps. But they're also quite expensive...!

I would be interested in how does the connection with lemo connector straight to the transmitter work. If there's any typical zaxcom problems like interference noise and such? What does it need to be powered? Should i use a new ZMT4 which can supply 5V upt to 48V?

And of course the Question: How does it sound?

cheers,

oscar

here's the thread I refered to above from Matthias  Richter:

https://jwsoundgroup.net/index.php?/topic/37821-recording-dialog-in-a-car-comparison-test/#comment-384566