Solice Mini Cables

codyman

Just picked up a used VG/VG+ Solice Mini for quite the bargain but I need to source the proper cables for it.

1.  Seismic makes both female and male to DB25 male cables wired to Tascam standard.  The only problem is that they don't offer it with a female connector on the DB25 side.  Is it ok to just use a gender changer on the DB25?

2.  Remote audio had a 2ft BDS to 4 pin XLR female cable but I think for my Rastorder DD cart I'd prefer a little bit longer cable around a meter or so since the mixer will be on a sliding tray.  Any recommendations on sourcing such a cable?

Looking forward to trying out the Solice Mini.  I've just used control surfaces my career thus far and am excited about the analog sound and routing abilities (especially the private com line / aux for my boom op).  I have a few PSC products including my trusty RF Four Pack I've had now for over a year which has done wonders to simplify my setup.

Thanks!

am i too late for this? I have a f to f 25pin you can have if you pay for the flat rate box to mail it. Funny story i bought a fusion output cable just assuming it was male pins as i was using for a different piece of gear. bought from here on buy sell page and when it arrived it was female on the connector end (couldnt tell by photos) so i was bummed. then it hit me at some point - after stewing on my own stupidity for not clarifying with the seller, upon closer inspection - its a female adapter taped on! hooray I can actually use the cable. would be great if you can use it as I do not but glad i kept it just in case. I used to own a solice mini and remember those cables well. PM me if you need the f to f

image.jpg

Thanks for the offer but I actually ordered one online and it is on its way already!  Looking forward to trying out the solice mini.  Any recommendations / hot tips / things I should know about it since you used to have one?  I scored mine for only $500 so I'm really stoked to try it out!

1 hour ago, osa said:

I used to own a solice mini and remember those cables well. PM me if you need the f to f

Personally i loved it, and i recall building a bunch of custom cable  harnesses for it to pair with a 664 and i rec working beautifully on a small cart setup without any issues. If you are crafty and plan on parking it on a cart etc I recommend building a plexiglass (or similar) cover for it to keep it clean which is what i did, and still use on my current mix surface

1 hour ago, osa said:

Personally i loved it, and i recall building a bunch of custom cable  harnesses for it to pair with a 664

I wish 664's would come down in price as they still are usually in the $3xxx range still and seem they would make a great bit bucket for recorder off a mixer.  Then again, everything is expensive right now / even my 633 is worth not a whole lot less than what I paid for it new shortly when it was released years ago!

2 hours ago, Philip Perkins said:

I use DB25 gender changers on the DB25 mic snakes and stage boxes that AudioPile sells.  They work just fine.

+1 for audiopile i sometimes forget - I have tons of cables from them and a stage snake etc they have a lot of great stuff

I'm still using the solice mini  OSA sold me up here in Canada! It has a fine life on a rastorder cart teathered to a 664 and works great in that setup. 

Codyman! 

Turn arounds on your DB25's are no problem at all. They shouldn't affect the signal. 

Power wise, if you're using the BDS on a cart I'd just get a custom cable made up.  It's a simple job and if your looking at Remote Audio then I'm sure Trew Audio or any other sound spots near you can make one up.  You could also buy the remote audio one you mentioned and just add another length of 4pin power male/female between.  

1 hour ago, Neil Mc said:

I'm still using the solice mini  OSA sold me up here in Canada! It has a fine life on a rastorder cart teathered to a 664 and works great in that setup. 

Codyman! 

Turn arounds on your DB25's are no problem at all. They shouldn't affect the signal. 

Power wise, if you're using the BDS on a cart I'd just get a custom cable made up.  It's a simple job and if your looking at Remote Audio then I'm sure Trew Audio or any other sound spots near you can make one up.  You could also buy the remote audio one you mentioned and just add another length of 4pin power male/female between.  

Whoa! Small world BIG TIME