Jay Rose's book audio files

ycainjo

I have the disc that came with the book! Assuming that has the files you were looking for? I will gladly digitize them for you and send, assuming thats ok since you purchased the book and they were listed free on the website at one point if i am not mistaken

The files most likely still belong to either the book's publisher or to Jay's heirs. (I was Jay's editor at Digital Video magazine and helped him shape his first book. We became friends). I just sent a note to who I think is the correct and current contact at the publisher, Routledge. I asked if they can make the files available or are OK with them being shared and/or posted elsewhere (such as somewhere on this site).

Here's the Routledge page with a link to the defunct website.

https://www.routledge.com/Producing-Great-Sound-for-Film-and-Video-Expert-Tips-from-Preproduction/Rose/p/book/9780415722070

Also, following Rick's suggestion, here's one Wayback Machine snapshot of Jay's greatsound.info site. I didn't try to download the files, but looks like they may be there:

https://web.archive.org/web/20190212161531/http://www.greatsound.info/

@Jim Feeley thank you for contacting Routledge !

I tried Wayback Machine (thanks Rick), but because files were password protected, they were not archived - or I don't find how to access them.

@osa if you have the disc, it would be great if you could share me the files. My book copy is a Print-on-demand without disk, with only Jay's website adress to download the files...

Well my bad completely. even if I wanted to give you the files under the publishers proper authorization, I unfortunately was thinking of the wrong Jay Rose book that i had the cd for…

image.jpg

when you mentioned the audio files I remember Jay himself telling me I’d be lucky to find this book in print with the CD still included. Sorry about my mixup

On 3/24/2022 at 9:03 AM, ycainjo said:

Hi all

I am reading Jay's book "Producing Great Sound for Film and Video", and would like to listen audio example files, but the companion site doesn't work anymore (http://www.greatsound.info).

Does anyone previously downloaded all the audio files and pdf from the companion site and could share them to me ?

I have a copy of Producing Great Sound for Digital Video, second edition.  It comes with a CD.  The CD has tutorial tracks, diagnostics, and demonstrations.  Would this be an updated version of what you have?  

8 minutes ago, berniebeaudry said:

I have a copy of Producing Great Sound for Digital Video, second edition.  It comes with a CD.  The CD has tutorial tracks, diagnostics, and demonstrations.  Would this be an updated version of what you have?  

Bernie, you have an older edition, and pretty much a different/narrower book, than the one ycainjo has. Ycainjo's book pretty much updates and expands on the one you have and the one osa has. 

So I've been in touch with the Routledge editors, and they're looking into all this. Basically---how can they make the files and perhaps website available again. Cool that they're responsive. Still waiting on a followup.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 2:03 PM, ycainjo said:

Hi all

I am reading Jay's book "Producing Great Sound for Film and Video", and would like to listen audio example files, but the companion site doesn't work anymore (http://www.greatsound.info).

Does anyone previously downloaded all the audio files and pdf from the companion site and could share them to me ?

I, too, would love to be able to access these files. I have my copy of the book, so I have the passwords, but... even using wayback machine and entering the password, the site is now defunct.

Is anyone able to share them with me, please??

Happy New Year to all BTW..... Simon B

A few months ago, I had some exchanges with Jay's current publisher (to be clear: they're not being jerks; it's just a matter of chasing everything down). I'll follow up and see what can be done. I also may have some around in my deep archives (I worked on the original versions of the book).

If anyone else has the files handy, I'm guessing no one would freak out if they were made quietly available (for free, of course).

On 3/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, osa said:

Well my bad completely. even if I wanted to give you the files under the publishers proper authorization, I unfortunately was thinking of the wrong Jay Rose book that i had the cd for…

image.jpg

when you mentioned the audio files I remember Jay himself telling me I’d be lucky to find this book in print with the CD still included. Sorry about my mixup

Hello, I've just bought the book "post production for film and video" and I was looking for the cd. I can see @osayou said you can digitalise the cd, that would be amazing! I would gladly pay you for that.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/19/2023 at 9:22 PM, jwalters1 said:

The Routledge link has a “Supporting Materials” section with a “Media” download link. It contains a zip file with the audio files and the missing Chapter 9.

https://www.routledge.com/Producing-Great-Sound-for-Film-and-Video-Expert-Tips-from-Preproduction/Rose/p/book/9780415722070#

Thanks for this.  Much appreciated.