The past years of DJ ceremonies and receptions... and what comes next

LTParis

I am a wedding DJ of some 10 years now and for a number of those I had steadily increased my capabilities of providing top notch audio to my couples. Surprisingly it still all fits in my Town and Country so that is a big bonus.

Ceremonies
(1) SKB 6U "Digital Mixing" box with a SoundCraft Ui24R, Sennhesier G3 IEM, External router, PDU
(1) SKB 4U "Mic" box with 4x Sennheiser G3 mics, ASA-1 splitter
(1) AMG 750 folding cart

(1) Energizer 240Wh battery

(2) Maui 5 Go battery powered speakers

Reception
(1) 43" Toadmatic Performancematic cart + 8" pneumatic wheels
(1) SKB 6U "Digital Mixing" box with a SoundCraft Ui24R, Sennhesier G3 IEM, External router, PDU
(1) SKB 3U "Mic" box with 3x Sennheiser G3 mics, ASA-1 splitter

(2) Evolve EV50 speakers + Maui 5 Gos for reinforcement

Universal
(1) DeWalt "Wireless toolbox" with assorted mics, IEM receivers, cables, batteries, etc

I've tried to make things modular so if I needed an extra large mic need that I could just stack my SKB cases and with my custom cables have a nice and tidy solution. Being on wheels everything can be moved quite quickly.

Been debating for two years now building a pair of "big wheel" options to either complement my SKB cases or outright replace. Doing a spec exercise I don't know if it's feasible since the cart alone (14U using Ultra Lightweight 8020 profiles) still clocks in at 34 lbs with no equipment in it. Maybe I just build a "bag cart" like design to put my SKB cases on and have them assembled for most jobs. 

So now the debate continues. Big Wheel frame for the cases? Full on frame which may be too heavy to carry up steps and such.

IMG_4829.jpeg

IMG_5199.jpeg

IMG_5174.jpeg

• LTParis changed the title to The past years of DJ ceremonies and receptions... and what comes next